• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2004 $1 MS70 Eagles A OK

12 posts in this topic

Just received my 2004 MS70 $1 Silver Eagle, Cert# 1767434-002. NGC rejected inclusiuon in Registry with no explanation except it failed. The dealer is above reproach and sure he'll be contacting NGC. foreheadslap.gif I jumped gun and as always NGC fixed immediately

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

There's no reason to believe that either the coin or the encapsulation are "fake." We're looking into the problem right now.

• Administrator

There is nothing wrong with that coin.

The reason the coin failed was because we are in the process of updating sets to include 2004 coins. The set in which you entered the coin had the 2004 slot visible but we were still in the process of configuring the slot to accept the appropriate coins and adding scores for that coin. So, when you entered your coin, the slot was not yet configured to recognize the coin number of that coin.

If you look at the set now, you will see that I configured the slot to accept the coin and it now appears in the set. However, you will also notice that it does not yet have a score. That is because David Lange is in the process of adding scores for this coin. So, the score will appear soon.

If you purchased a 2004 MS70, verify WITH NGC PRIOR TO PURCHASING. I got scammed, and I know the dealer well, he would not intentionally sell an altered slab. Anyone that wants pic of fake coin, will gladly send me an email.

As a friendly suggestion, I recommend that you contact NGC and ask for some sort of an explanation before jumping to a conclusion -- especially when your erroneous conclusion is likely going to affect people's confidence in the NGC product.

EVP

As a friendly suggestion, I recommend that you contact NGC and ask for some sort of an explanation before jumping to a conclusion -- especially when your erroneous conclusion is likely going to affect people's confidence in the NGC product.

I have to agree. It seems this could have been resolved with one simple phone call to NGC customer service.

John