• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second British-American Token Congress announced

5 posts in this topic

Just received an email announcing the second British-American Token Congress.

Dates: May 13-15, 2010

This follows the great Congress Bill McKivor organized this past May in Seattle. Hopefully this is taking root and will flourish. Great news for Conder and related token topics.

Looking forward to being able to attend once again.

The token congress is a series of talks presented by various speakers with topics that pertain to tokens with a focus on 18th century British tokens (Conders). The program this year was in Seattle and consisted of a dinner, introductions and general discussions on Thursday evening, a full day of talks on Friday with a half-day of talks on Saturday, ending at lunch time. There was a bourse set up on Friday evening.

The speakers included Dr. Richard Doty, Jerry Bobbe, Allan Davisson, George Selgin and Peter Preston-Morley among others.

Talks were given on various token topics, including Conder tokens, hop tokens, evasion tokens, shilling tokens from around the world, irish tokens, 19th Century tokens, Western US trade tokens and Washington State tax tokens (specifically Seattle).

We never stop learning, never new there were so many areas in Tokens :) For sure there were eminant speakers whom I know, pity I missed the event.

I am interested if any body knows were was can aquire 17th centuary British Town tokens in superb condition?

SWK

www.petitioncrown.com