• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS graded Indian Cent

18 posts in this topic

It is not really possible to grade the coin from this photo. It's coming up cloudy on my screen, and that makes hard to see the luster if there is any.

From what I can see, I'd give it no more than an MS-64, brown. It could go as low as MS-61 or 62 slab grade if there is a rub on the cheek.

Hmm,you're right.The pictures aren't that good.Some of it is the condition of the slab.It's an original dot matrix green paper label slab and it's scratched and a little hazy.And the luster didn't come out at all in these photos The white spot you see on the feathers was on the slab. Anyway,you guys are way off what the label says.But that['s only half what I'm looking for,right?I'll let it go for a little while yet.

These photos are the same except I used "AUTOFIX" at the photobucket site.It seems to have added luster and some red.

01PR651.jpg

01IHC652.jpg

I gotta say I am not surprised by your answers.The first set of pictures aren't that far off except for some luster on the obverse when tilted toweards light. I think one poster may have had inside info? I believe this one may need to be looked at by PCGS under the guarantee.Would you send this on for the pcgs?"Guarantee Resubmission".Can you believe this?

01PR65full1.jpg

Based on the images, the coin is no longer RB, and you should at least be able to get the difference in value between a RB and a BN from PCGS. Also, I wouldn't have known it was a Proof, though, presumably/hopefully, it would be obvious in person. ;)

Based on the images, the coin is no longer RB, and you should at least be able to get the difference in value between a RB and a BN from PCGS. Also, I wouldn't have known it was a Proof, though, presumably/hopefully, it would be obvious in person. ;)

Hey Mark,

Not obvious it is proof.The rims and denticles are exactly as they look in the picture. The fields are good and devices except,did anyone notice he U in United?

I don't believe PCGS will refund color differences in cents. They will adjust the color, but unless they change the numeric grade I think you're out of luck getting anything from PCGS.