• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold is now over 1000 once again

11 posts in this topic

Gold is exactly the same price in Australian dollars as it was a week and a month ago. 1162 AUD

The USD is simply going to some more at the moment. Slowly but surely dying.

Gold is exactly the same price in Australian dollars as it was a week and a month ago. 1162 AUD

Exactly.

Gold isn't going up anywhere else in the world, the USD is just going down the crapper more and more.

Yeah, I've been watching the exchange rates more closely than I've been watching gold, and the USD is tanking, so obviously gold is going to go up in USD. We're at near-parity with the Loony again.

Exactly.

Gold isn't going up anywhere else in the world, the USD is just going down the crapper more and more.

Sad to say you gentlemen are correct.

... And Nero fiddles while Rome burns ... (shrug)

... And Nero fiddles while Rome burns ... (shrug)

Actually, all is going according to "Nero's" plan. Sad but true.

That too!!! (thumbs u

"Never waste a crisis!"

A quote by Nero’s Chief of Shaft.

It will be interesting if it can sustain its rise and the impact on AGE and AGB sales.

I believe it makes classic rare coins even more bullish in my view. If you look at the dismal performance of paper assets along with all their related scandals, quality tangible assets could be a fantastic double play. These days, I am just buying fun stuff like quality Classic Commems, Bust, Barbers, and Seated Type. Many have been moving quickly, a case in point was an 1812 50c in VF which stayed in inventory only 10 days. I bought it bc I know these are tough to find really nice but I did not know they are tough to keep too!

85663.jpg.d6224f2854014e5f513340ee3d59e2c7.jpg

I do not think so except longer term, but I admit that both gold and silver have moved slightly higher off their lows than I thought they would.

Most of the "printing" is not actually priting at all. It is bank reserves sitting on deposit with the Federal Reserve by banks who in actuality are insolvent or nearly so and everyone who knows their true condition is simply lying about it. These reserves won't have any inflationary price impact until banks start lending again. I'll stick with my current opinion that this will not be happenning any time soon. People in this country are broke and have been paying down debt, not looking to borrow more. Or, they want to borrow but no one is insane enough to lend to them.