• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Rating

17 posts in this topic

I could have sworn I had 3 stars under my sig picture, but I could be mistaken. But if I did, how would I lose one? No big deal, just a confused-smiley-013.gif

Thank you

• Administrator

The stars are ratings applied to your username from other message board users. If you click on a user's name, you will get a screen with their personal info (if they entered any) and you will see an option to rate the user.

I believe the stars displayed below your name are an average of the ratings given to you and therefore could change over time as more people rate you.

Unfortunately, a lot of people use this rating system to mess around with other users and as a result it doesn't really accurately reflect whether you are a good contributor to the boards. We have some participants who are great contributors but have just one star because their opinions just may not be popular with the masses.

At one point I had 3, but now I have 2. I don't think it means much, as most of the people whose opinions I respect also have 2. Usually I rate everyone a 1 though, just to bring them down to my level! 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gifflowerred.gifpopcorn.gif

At one point I had 3, but now I have 2. I don't think it means much, as most of the people whose opinions I respect also have 2. Usually I rate everyone a 1 though, just to bring them down to my level! 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gifflowerred.gifpopcorn.gif

So Jeff, Why did I give you 5 stars? tongue.gifsumo.gifinsane.gif

Hoot

jtryka,

I enjoy your posts and so just gave you 5 stars. If a few more kind souls chip in, we can have you back to 3 stars in no time!

Heh heh,

Beijim

So Jeff, Why did I give you 5 stars? tongue.gifsumo.gifinsane.gif

Hoot

Well Hoot, only you can answer that question! 893whatthe.gif I clicked on your profile and saw I had not rated you, and I thought about it, I could give you a 5 and treat you like you treated me, or I could give you a 1 and maybe get you down to 2 stars so I would then be able to respect your opinion more. I opted for the former. 893applaud-thumb.gif And Beijim, I didn't rate you either, but I gave you a 5 too. flowerred.gif

And Beijim, I didn't rate you either, but I gave you a 5 too. flowerred.gif

Thank you thank you. You are obviously a person of fine taste and discrimination.

devil.gif

Beijim

jtryka,

I gave you 5 also, but you must have a lot of 1's since we cant get you past 2.

Same here. I gave Jeff 5 stars a couple of months ago, but his rating did not move up. frown.gif

I think it may be due to time spent at the water cooler. confused-smiley-013.gif Things seem to get pretty heated over there, and I can see where some might be quick to rate someone a 1 if they don't agree with their opinion.

John

I think it may be due to time spent at the water cooler. Things seem to get pretty heated over there, and I can see where some might be quick to rate someone a 1 if they don't agree with their opinion.

And that my friend is but one of the costs of free expression, and fortunately it's a cheap one! I think I can live with 2 stars, if I get down to 1, then I might need therapy! 893whatthe.gif