• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1923P Peace Dollar (Grade revealed)

12 posts in this topic

What do you guys think?

First off let me note, I know these pics aren't the best but this coin is a pain in the butt to image because it is super lustrous.

There are a few things to note, On the Obverse The line going from the T in trust across the base of liberty's neck and to the 1 in the date is a die crack, not a scratch.

I don't know what that is on the front of Liberty's neck, but it is not on the coin itself.

You can see a halo around the center of both pictures, You can see it best right in front of Liberty's forehead, this is a reflection of the camera's lens.

On the reverse, again the halo from the camera lens, and the fingerprints on the upper left side are on the plastic, not on the coin. :blush:

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

Really nice looking Peace dollar.I don't see any major or even minor problems.A few minor contact marks These coins can be tough. I'll say 65.

Two small scratches on the eagle but otherwise unblemished with gorgeous fields and tons of luster.

I'd be suprised if this isn't an MS65.

I had made a post about this being MS 64.. then forgot to hit submit. I have one I bought years ago now, that is also MS 64 with booming luster. Nice coin. :)