• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainbow 19O4-O Morgan(Grade revealed!!)

11 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just got this one. My camera isn't picking up all the color. It seems about 1/2 is left behind. Anyone want to take a stab at the grade? Thanks for looking.

04OStar1.jpg

04OStar2.jpg

I like the looks of the Morgan. Very nice! I'm going with MS64. Looks like some slide marks going across the eagle. Sweet colors!

Here's a couple new pics. Maybe better.

04MS.jpg

04MS2.jpg

I deleted the 2nd seperate thread.I didn't want to clutter up the board any more.No point waiting. I wouldn't get the right grade from any of these pictures. This is the problem with buying from photos and relying on the slab. A big part of my decision was the slab considering it is a newer type and NGC grading has been said to be tightened up so much in the last year.My own experience seemed to bear this out.

So,what do you guys think.Is it just the picture magnifying faults? I've got an MS 66 82S graded by ICG that cost around 1/2 what this one did and it's immaculate compared to this one. I know,the 82 S is well known for great strikes and the 04-O not so much but ....

04066starfull.jpg

Here are pics of my 82 S MS 66 Morgan for comparison.The shadow hides the depth of the strike here.There a small rub on the neck and 98% of the little scratches are on the slab.

82S661.jpg

82S662.jpg

As I stated, it's a nice looking Morgan but I think I would expect a tad cleaner coin for MS66. I'm sure the * is for the toning.