• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to this mercury do you think?

3 posts in this topic

hard to tell from the photos as not too clear for me

but

it is possible that the date area is on the outside of the coin and usually these coins were put into counting machines and bank wrapped usually counting machine damage is on the outside right where this mark is on the 4 of the date

counting machines were brutal on these coins and scraped the coins in a certain way as usually a big wheel in the machimes separated or counted these coins from originalbags into rolls by the bansk to then sell to people coming into the bank for change for their businesses or whatever as a roll was big money and a bag well no one wanted a bag

or could be some sort of post mint damage something hit the coin in that area

i need better photos to access if the coin would be grade or not most probably not currently at the services is a wild guesstimate

could have graded some years ago and yet break it out of the holder today and many coins like this are getting bagged due to the CAC factor in my opinion

but that is another thread in and of itself and in my opinion this is a really good thing