• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1932S quarter - G or VG?

14 posts in this topic

Frank Katen sold this to me in 1969 for $1.75 (my weekly allowance). It was the last one I needed to fill the quarter book. and strangely enough one of few I have left from that book. It has survived a flood or two as we kept coins in the basement. The Whitman folder it came out of was covered with mold - I washed (rinsed) all the coins and let them air dry.

100_0330.jpg

100_0331.jpg

I see nothing in the pics that would require a details (net) grade on this coin. Yes, it has technically been cleaned, sort of, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence or detrimental effects on this coin.

I would agree with an F grade, I think. A recent thread pointed out that the weak strike had to be taken into account.

hi there LJ

again welcome to the boards

well hard to tell from photos but it might be okie in hand and yes i give the details grade becausae of the possible?? water affect done while the coin was in the basement in areally damp environment

now in hand it might be okie but cant tell as we only got thephotos on here and the photo is really good! but nothing is sure unless in hand and then even amoungsat experienced graders there are differences ofopinion as it is all subjective

now overall looks okie to grade and a fine grade

and yes when someone usually says fine details it means the coin has some environmental conquences to it and this is not good or bad just the way it is

Even if it doesn't qualify for grading I paid $1.75 for it and it has a lot of memories. Thnks!

That's the spirit! Enjoy the coin for what it is, and the memories and meaning it has to you. Not because someone else puts it in a piece of plastic with a label on it.

yes but this will cost you around 20 usd not including postage

the coin itself is worth around 125/135 usd

so lets say with postage and grading fees and also other fees they charge you

you are looking at 45/55 usd one third+ of the coin's value just to maybe get it graded or in a genuine holder

my humble opinion--better to leave it raw

If nothing else I think hey can just encapsulate it as 'genuine', no? That'd be fine by me...

Leave it raw .

There is no need to have it graded. Most of the coins I purchased 40 years ago when I was a kid have some issues , I wont sell them because of the great memories .

If nothing else I think hey can just encapsulate it as 'genuine', no? That'd be fine by me...

ANACS will certify it whether or not it's been cleaned. Or you can take your chances with NGC. I prefer the new NGC holders though.