• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade of this 1821 Bust Halve

13 posts in this topic

I cannot get a sense of the luster remaining from these images. It looks like MS-61 based on friction and details, but any hindrance in luster would lower my guess.

We must be on the same wave today. That was the grade that first came into my head.

I am waiting for Michael to see this post before I reveal the grade.

I am taking new pictures of all my coins so there will be some more guess the grade posts soon.

I am waiting for Michael to see this post before I reveal the grade.

I am taking new pictures of all my coins so there will be some more guess the grade posts soon.

With coins like the last couple you've shown, I'm waiting in anticipation. I'll pop a bag of popcorn and just look at them, green with envy.

thanks for waiting for me hm

from the photos................................

i like the coin and i grade the coin unc. 61-62

no actual circulation wear and tear i am assuming really good lustre also

ever so slight friction on the high points on the obverse from bag storage friction

but coin in my eyes is not au-58 it is one of those coins that the investor slabbing and pricing services price at ms61-62 money and with this early 19th century coin stored in a bag a long time it is an unc.

This amazing looking coin is only Au 55 !! In hand you can see the wear on the high points. This coin has Au 58 all over it. I thought CAC might give it a gold sticker but it only received a green one. I really love this coin .

If I did not know the grade I would have guessed Au 58 – Ms 62 on this coin based on the pictures.

The attached picture is a scan.

82620.jpg.13aeb4a479c926806e61cc2df3046ad9.jpg

AU58 though the reverse is easily MS62.

MS60?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swear I didn't peek. Much too nice to be merely an AU55!