• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week #23 - Happy Friday!!!!

25 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The circulating half dollars of 1965-67 were coined without mintmark. At which mint were they made?

First post that correctly answers the above question wins the latest edition of the NGC population report.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

smile.gif

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

I don't know, but since you said "without mintmark" I'm guessing the Denver mint because the Philly mint didn't put mms on their coins back then. Could be San Fran but I'm guessing Denver. smile.gif

I thought they were produced at all three mints, as the demand for clad coins was huge and they needed to ramp up production fast, they just left off the mintmarks. I think that was true of the non-silver coins, and could ony guess that it was also true of the halves.

PS- I just learned about this 2 months ago even though I've been collecting since 1978.

• Administrator

The circulating half dollars of 1965-67 were coined without mintmark. At which mint were they made?

Denver

The winner is grrr!

Your prize is the latest edition of the NGC Population Report.

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly..... is davefperry!

Your prize is an NGC display box which holds 20 encapsulated coins.

Congrats to our winners. Your prizes will be sent out right away.

Thanks to all!