• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best Edge View Holder?

11 posts in this topic

What is the coin in your avatar ? :o
It's the United States of America Astronaut Dollar!

It's a proposed design by Daniel Carr who had a few of his proposed designs minted into medals.

Surely there will be a commemorative or 2 ? I am looking forward to it !

The Royal Australian Mint has done a "moon landing" 50c, and pieces of meteorite coin...

Big downside is the empty space with the coin just by itself.. you'd have to put something in the top surely.

Clear prongs make NGC holders close to perfect

Big downside is the empty space with the coin just by itself.. you'd have to put something in the top surely.

Clear prongs make NGC holders close to perfect

This holder is grotesque; it looks like a pregnant chad from the 2000 election. It also looks like a Presidential Dollar mint set.

Diddo, clear prongs make the NGC holder close to perfection.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I thought it would be cool to see all aspects of the coin without tabs protruding over the faces for photos (even clear ones like PCGS). Apparently it's not that important after all.

If that's the case, I don't see all that much wrong with the white tabs :o

Revolutionary??? It's a DCGS slab without the "feet" and they came out seven years ago.

(Can't get Photobucket to upload the images of the DCGS slab.)

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I thought it would be cool to see all aspects of the coin without tabs protruding over the faces for photos (even clear ones like PCGS). Apparently it's not that important after all.

If that's the case, I don't see all that much wrong with the white tabs :o

Actually, I think its very important, but this holder does little to accomplish it, as it has its own set of drawbacks.