• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1914 Netherlands Silver Steunpenning - Guess The Grade!

7 posts in this topic

This is a 1914 Netherlands Silver Steunpenning.

Steunpenning were issued to raise money for the victims of wars and natural disasters -- in this case, WWI. It was designed by J.C. Wienecke.

"Je Maintiendrai," translates to "I will maintain" which is the motto of the House of Orange and Nassau, the Royal Family of the Netherlands.

(The information above was compiled from my own research and the kind people at www.coinpeople.com who can identify almost any coin if you ask nicely...)

1914JeMaintiendrai.jpg

Scans were taken before it was submitted to NGC.

Guess the grade!

No fair picking a range of grades...be specific!

And there is no such thing as AU59.

Either AU58 or MS60.

I'll stop being Mr. Know-It-All now...

i am sorry

can never be specific with photos

let me see the coin in hand and then i can be specific

some but few great coin photos of particular coins lend themselves to a specific grade especially so if circulated

i am sorry

can never be specific with photos

let me see the coin in hand and then i can be specific

some but few great coin photos of particular coins lend themselves to a specific grade especially so if circulated

Sorry to be so bossy Michael. I agree that coin photos can be deceptive, especially when using them to determine a specific grade.

The Steunpenning graded NGC MS63, so you pretty much nailed it anyway.

Good eyes!