• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1889CC Morgan Grade?

8 posts in this topic

<a  href=1889cc.th.png' alt='1889cc.th.png'>

This is one I am watching at an auction next weekend locally. I am guessing somewhere between 4 and 12 somewhere based on ones I have checked out on eBay. FR2 sold for $300, G04 for $400, and F12 for $800. I am trying to set my limit before it starts this time rather than getting caught up in the moment. Thanks for your input guys.

Nice CC. I personally wouldn't buy it for above the vg price. I can't tell from the photos, but it may have been cleaned awhile back. The fields look a little dull. Still a great coin, wouldn't be a bad price if you could purchase it for VG-8 money.

Hope you get it

Reserve was 800 for this coin. It went unsold but bidding went to 475. Thanks for the input.

The reserve was higher than Gray Sheet Fine bid which is $775. The reserve was too high. The market for this type of collector material is rather weak right now. Many would-be middle class buyers don't have the money right now.