excellent show on money coming on 7 pm eastern time on the history channel

18 posts in this topic

955 posts

...........if you haven't seen this before or would like to record it for a friend or fellow collector, NOW is the time to check your tv schedule. in pa it is scheduled on the history channel at 7 pm tonight. YOU'LL LOVE IT! :popcorn:

17,021 posts

I caught part of it. There was actually two shows running con-current. The second show was mostly about coins and vending machines. Interesting!! If anyone does look for these to record, which I'm sure they should show again, these are under the title of "Modern Marvels". (dishnet)

4,360 posts

I went to the BEP in Jan. and I had a great time!!

17,021 posts

I missed half of the first show but it was showing the process of printing currency. Pretty cool, for what I seen.

347 posts

Good friend of mines Dad used to work at the San Fran Mint. It would be kind of neat to see. Security was to the extreme from what I have heard. Expected of course.

8,120 posts

I caught it and recorded it so I can watch it again later. Great episode.

Another favorite of mine is "Secrets of the US Mint" that airs occasionally on the Travel Channel. If you have the chance to watch it, do so.

17,021 posts
I caught it and recorded it so I can watch it again later. Great episode.

Another favorite of mine is "Secrets of the US Mint" that airs occasionally on the Travel Channel. If you have the chance to watch it, do so.

I agree Chad! I dvr'd that a while back. Good show.

1,567 posts

I wonder if we can find these online as torrents ?

Yes.. yes we can. There is a 98.8GB torrent "Modern Marvels" which contains all of them.. if the files are named to indicate what they are, we can block the rest and just grab what we need..

1,567 posts

Modern Marvels - Money.avi

Modern Marvels - US Mints.avi

Getting these now :)

Slowly.. no reliable standalone downloads I can find so this will have to do.. I will seed once I get them if others are going to download too. The torrent is from Mininova

1,567 posts

Cruising along now.. I will grab 3 ones on Formula 1 as well

Can anyone recommend other episodes of interest ?

I am thinking "Extreme Engineering" for sure :cloud9:

For those torrent inclined, this is the one

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1146529

955 posts

.........i've created a monster! :applause: i'm not condoning any illegal actions here, ya know. doh! record at your own peril. :popcorn:

1,567 posts

lol I got them both and going to watch

I don't think its illegal to download TV.. only movies, music all the boring stuff :D

14,807 posts

Finally got around to watching the Money and US Mint episodes. Very cool! While both covered alot of the same ground, I thought they were well done and very interesting.

4,360 posts
Finally got around to watching the Money and US Mint episodes. Very cool! While both covered alot of the same ground, I thought they were well done and very interesting.

Jason,

I don't now if you been to the BEP in Washington D.C. but I found the tour very interesting and worth my time to visit.

14,807 posts

I haven't been. The only facility I've toured is the old mint museum in the New Orleans mint. I would very much like to tour Philly, the BEP, Denver, and wherever else they'll let me.

1,567 posts

I found it really interesting, especially the part about sliding that security strip between the notes at speed, with 100% precision lol .. gee wonder why we didn't get to see that :P

3,215 posts

If you are interested in seeing the videos, they can be found on the History Channel's website.

You can watch the videos individually at:

Modern Marvels: Centralization of Currency 3:37

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=modernmarvels&bcpid=1766638695&bclid=1803311427&bctid=1614615844

Modern Marvels: Currency 4:11

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=modernmarvels&bcpid=1766638695&bclid=1803311427&bctid=1614615848

Modern Marvels: Coin Production 4:13

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=modernmarvels&bcpid=1766638695&bclid=1803311427&bctid=1614615847

Enjoy!!

Scott