• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excellent show on money coming on 7 pm eastern time on the history channel

18 posts in this topic

...........if you haven't seen this before or would like to record it for a friend or fellow collector, NOW is the time to check your tv schedule. in pa it is scheduled on the history channel at 7 pm tonight. YOU'LL LOVE IT! :popcorn:

I caught part of it. There was actually two shows running con-current. The second show was mostly about coins and vending machines. Interesting!! If anyone does look for these to record, which I'm sure they should show again, these are under the title of "Modern Marvels". (dishnet)

Good friend of mines Dad used to work at the San Fran Mint. It would be kind of neat to see. Security was to the extreme from what I have heard. Expected of course.

I caught it and recorded it so I can watch it again later. Great episode.

Another favorite of mine is "Secrets of the US Mint" that airs occasionally on the Travel Channel. If you have the chance to watch it, do so.

I caught it and recorded it so I can watch it again later. Great episode.

Another favorite of mine is "Secrets of the US Mint" that airs occasionally on the Travel Channel. If you have the chance to watch it, do so.

I agree Chad! I dvr'd that a while back. Good show.

I wonder if we can find these online as torrents ?

Yes.. yes we can. There is a 98.8GB torrent "Modern Marvels" which contains all of them.. if the files are named to indicate what they are, we can block the rest and just grab what we need..

Modern Marvels - Money.avi

Modern Marvels - US Mints.avi

Getting these now :)

Slowly.. no reliable standalone downloads I can find so this will have to do.. I will seed once I get them if others are going to download too. The torrent is from Mininova

Finally got around to watching the Money and US Mint episodes. Very cool! While both covered alot of the same ground, I thought they were well done and very interesting.

Finally got around to watching the Money and US Mint episodes. Very cool! While both covered alot of the same ground, I thought they were well done and very interesting.

Jason,

I don't now if you been to the BEP in Washington D.C. but I found the tour very interesting and worth my time to visit.

I haven't been. The only facility I've toured is the old mint museum in the New Orleans mint. I would very much like to tour Philly, the BEP, Denver, and wherever else they'll let me.

I found it really interesting, especially the part about sliding that security strip between the notes at speed, with 100% precision lol .. gee wonder why we didn't get to see that :P

If you are interested in seeing the videos, they can be found on the History Channel's website.

You can watch the videos individually at:

Modern Marvels: Centralization of Currency 3:37

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=modernmarvels&bcpid=1766638695&bclid=1803311427&bctid=1614615844

Modern Marvels: Currency 4:11

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=modernmarvels&bcpid=1766638695&bclid=1803311427&bctid=1614615848

Modern Marvels: Coin Production 4:13

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=modernmarvels&bcpid=1766638695&bclid=1803311427&bctid=1614615847

Enjoy!!

Scott