• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade and offer your opinions on this coin-------- the good, bad and ugly

11 posts in this topic

and yes the photos are not ideal but do the best you can with the photos at hand

ih hand the coin is totally original with deep orange/gold coloration and deeply mirrored but it is NOT a proof

80129.jpg.d5292f30ab632747972132cea1b95d3a.jpg

80130.jpg.11321f84aaa50fb8a068a5d7a7e127b0.jpg

Looks like a very nice coin to me. I'd go solid MS-64 with a shot at MS-65. The one mark on the cheek plus a couple of marks in the field prevent me from saying MS-65 out right.

Looks like a very nice strike with good patina, I am going a bit lower that Bill though and say MS-63. Beautiful coin. (thumbs u :takeit:

I'm going with Bill..I believe for a coin of that size, that the little bit of field chatter and one tiny tick on the cheek must be barely discernible to the naked eye or even 5X...

I am not familiar with this series at all. With that being said the coin looks fantastic, has outstanding color, and I would guess it to be at least MS 63 and probably MS64. The bad – the marks on the reverse are a little distracting, the ding on the cheek does not really bother me.

I also really like the coin. I would go MS 62-63 range because, if I understand correctly, the grading services are a bit harder on smaller coins but you have yourself a nice looking piece there. A little bit of chatter on the reverse, but the obverse is really nice and the little ding on the face doesn't bother me at all. That touch of pink toning is really beautiful.

RI AL

an advanced numismatic crowd here (thumbs u

coin recently graded pcgs ms64 with a green CAC sticker

in hand sight seen; myself i grade the coin a really strong ms64+