• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Try your luck with a Washington Quarter. **Grade Revealed**

19 posts in this topic

The blemishes degrade this coin in my eye

With the hit in front of the "schnoz"

Hit in the wing and just over all light strike

and multiple spotting marks

Luster is pretty nice

since there is a BIG jump in price and pcgs needs the revenue and ofcourse theyknow you want the grade and highergrades of thiscoin are population controlled by pcgs and again a big jump in price

you need to submit a few more times to get your reward as pcgs will not give you 1000 usd so easily

Grade revealed in first post.

Cool! What did I win lol ?

Seriously, this coin can be found well struck, but may take a little patience. It took me A LONG time to find mine, and I did buy it raw (as I did most of my Washies).

PCGS graded.

1935DO.jpg

1935DR.jpg

I really thought this coin would come back a 65. :(

1935pcgs.jpg

I dont see any excuse for MS64. I would call it MS65, only due to the mark in th eleft field and up onto the rim above it. Perhaps there is a hidden patch of counting wheel hairlines hoding it back? This is very common on Washington quarters and can be nearly invisible, though the graders catch it almost every time. It's usually the reason why a seemingly no-brainer coin misses the grade.