• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SEGS 1795 dollar ...the Continuing Saga

276 posts in this topic

For those of you who are following this thread, there still is no word on what is happening with the 1795 dollar SEGS VF that PCGS would not crossover and called it "not genuine". I as hoping that I would have heard something by now...but I'm patient. Not worried at all about the coin being sent off to Mr. Briggs. I'm quite sure he has far bigger fish to fry. .....

Under the circumstances, I believe that they have already taken was too long to resolve this. Sadly, often times, being overly patient and polite puts you at the end of the line instead of the front of the line. Please don't let them take advantage of you.

For those of you who are following this thread, there still is no word on what is happening with the 1795 dollar SEGS VF that PCGS would not crossover and called it "not genuine". I as hoping that I would have heard something by now...but I'm patient. Not worried at all about the coin being sent off to Mr. Briggs. I'm quite sure he has far bigger fish to fry. .....

Under the circumstances, I believe that they have already taken was too long to resolve this. Sadly, often times, being overly patient and polite puts you at the end of the line instead of the front of the line. Please don't let them take advantage of you.

Yes, it should take them seconds to make the call on this coin. Most likely, they dont want to dish out the 5k its worth. Nevertheless, I dont see why you cannot politely inquire about the problem, rather than wait patiently and allow them to delay you.

Yes, it should take them seconds to make the call on this coin. Most likely, they dont want to dish out the 5k its worth. Nevertheless, I dont see why you cannot politely inquire about the problem, rather than wait patiently and allow them to delay you.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY AND WAS GOING TO POST THIS UNTIL I GET TO PAGE THREE AND READ MARK FELDS RESPONSE

MARK FELD HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD ALONG WITH COINMAN1794

let me ask you coinman1794 do you have a nice 1794 halfdime in your collection???

Hey Alan----- I too feel that the delay is not warranted. It would seem [appear] that PCGS has called this one correctly---otherwise surely by now there would have been some response to the contrary.

If it were me, I'd give a gentle call and ask what the delay is?? If they try to worm out of it, send it to NGC and then you'll have both PCGS and NGC on your side----if you need them in the future.

Whatever you do, don't let this one go on by. You deserve to be made whole in this affair. Bob [supertooth]

They did make the call in seconds - back when it was originally submitted. Now they probably want a lot more time and it is very possible that they sent the coin out to other experts to get their opinion. It's not unheard of for experts to disagree on authenticity.

They did make the call in seconds - back when it was originally submitted. Now they probably want a lot more time and it is very possible that they sent the coin out to other experts to get their opinion. It's not unheard of for experts to disagree on authenticity.

Greg, they have had sufficient time to do that as well, and if they had done so, they should have extended the courtesy of an update to that effect.

Greg, they have had sufficient time to do that as well, and if they had done so, they should have extended the courtesy of an update to that effect.

Since I don't believe that a time line was ever exchanged between the two parties involved, I don't think that the submitter has any right to expect a fast turnaround or update. It's been less than a month since SEGS has the coin and it could be going thru their normal review process which could take a long time. I've had grade reviews where the coins were looked at by the president of the company and he expressed his disgust at the grades assigned and it still took 2+ months for those to be completed.

If an update is wanted, the owner should call SEGS and ask for a progress report.

And as for how long it takes for them to get an expert opinion, I've currently got an invoice sitting at a TPG which is approaching 4 months since they received it. It's waiting for an outside expert to look at the coins. I don't feel I deserved an update unless I call and ask for one.

Since I don't believe that a time line was ever exchanged between the two parties involved, I don't think that the submitter has any right to expect a fast turnaround or update. It's been less than a month since SEGS has the coin and it could be going thru their normal review process which could take a long time. I've had grade reviews where the coins were looked at by the president of the company and he expressed his disgust at the grades assigned and it still took 2+ months for those to be completed.

If an update is wanted, the owner should call SEGS and ask for a progress report.

And as for how long it takes for them to get an expert opinion, I've currently got an invoice sitting at a TPG which is approaching 4 months since they received it. It's waiting for an outside expert to look at the coins. I don't feel I deserved an update unless I call and ask for one.

Greg, it appears that the coin was mailed to them on February 27th, so they have possibly/probably had it more than a month. Also, the fact that you have had reviews which haven taken considerably longer, doesn't excuse the length of time involved in this instance. We're talking about a question of authenticity and the reputation of a grading company or grading companies here. While I'm not for rushing a review, I am for keeping the client informed.

Yes, the owner should not sit around, but rather contact SEGS, as has already been said.

Well, guys, your posts are the kick in the pants that I need. I will make the call tomorrow, be very humble and respectful and ask how the issue is progressing. I really don't want to make waves over this but by now I should have at least some idea of what's happening. The green "received" post card I requested from Segs was signed on March 5 so it is a little over a month that they have had the dollar. I am relying on the kindness and professionalism of Mr. Briggs and SEGS to stand behind their product. Time will tell, but I still feel that this will turn out OK. I have faith, but I would at least like an update.

Thanks, guys!

Alan RI AL...(possibly Fla. AL sometime in the not too distant future...)

Well, guys, your posts are the kick in the pants that I need. I will make the call tomorrow, be very humble and respectful and ask how the issue is progressing. I really don't want to make waves over this but by now I should have at least some idea of what's happening. The green "received" post card I requested from Segs was signed on March 5 so it is a little over a month that they have had the dollar. I am relying on the kindness and professionalism of Mr. Briggs and SEGS to stand behind their product. Time will tell, but I still feel that this will turn out OK. I have faith, but I would at least like an update.

Thanks, guys!

Alan RI AL...(possibly Fla. AL sometime in the not too distant future...)

Absolutely AL. (thumbs u

The infamous Norweb Hibernia incident took more than a month to resolve. Never got a phone call, either.

I sure hope I'm wrong, but I think SEGS, in the end will simply call the coin authentic and return it to you in their slab.

I wonder what the recourse is afterward? I don't know.

If the coin comes back Authentic from Segs then as another person suggested I would send it to NGC. If it comes back as not genuine from NGC then I would contact Segs and ask for resolution and compensation of the coin. If refused I would a small claims court suit. I do not think you could get more then you paid for it even though the market value has increased substantially. Ok Lawyers in the house what to comment ?

SEGS could have cracked and resubmitted this coin, raw, to NGC or PCGS themselves, and get it back sooner than this. If they are that slow, maybe they should.

Hi, Guys.

I really appreciate your interest in the ongoing epic. I did finally put a call in to SEGS this afternoon and had to leave a message on an answering machine. I still have faith that this will work out but I sure would like to talk to a "real person" just to get some reassurance and thoughts on what is happening with the coin.

We'll see what happens. I can't imagine anyone with as fine a reputation as Mr. Briggs doing anything other than the right thing. If I get a return call, I'll post again to keep you all informed.

We put a deposit down today on the house in West Palm Beach and the paperwork is staggaring. Calling SEGS today was my "break time" reward for mucking through all this stuff. Been back at the papers and reading for hours...again. Man...this is complicated, this long distance second home purchase, not to mention hiring a property manager to rent it out for us...P I T A!

RI AL

Yea...I know...but it won't be for about 4 years or so so I'l be RI AL for a while still. But for the prices of nice homes down there now, maybe you could become Physics-fan3.1FL.

. But for the prices of nice homes down there now, maybe you could become Physics-fan3.1FL.

No chance. As much as he loves Charleston, if he ever makes it back , I doubt he will ever leave again! :grin:

. But for the prices of nice homes down there now, maybe you could become Physics-fan3.1FL.

No chance. As much as he loves Charleston, if he ever makes it back , I doubt he will ever leave again! :grin:

:thumbsup: ;)

Charlsrton Schmarlston...I go where the weather is warm, the ocean is nearby...and the houses are on CLEARANCE SALE! Well, Physics...you got 2 out of 3...not so bad.

Have a good evening all.

Hope to get a call from SEGS tomorrow...they have decided to replace my 1795 dollar with an AU original beauty...yea...right...and THEN he woke up...

No return SEGS call today...maybe tomorrow...or not...

hm

RI AL

Call them again .. your being too soft on this issue ... You are being ignored at this point. Time to DUMP the RI AL and become BIG AL :)

No return SEGS call today...maybe tomorrow...or not...

hm

RI AL

Call them again .. your being too soft on this issue ... You are being ignored at this point. Time to DUMP the RI AL and become BIG AL :)

Make sure you wear plaid.

Try this number and see what happens :insane:

Larry Briggs

205 W High St # 201

Lima, OH 45801

(419) 228-3831

Try this number and see what happens :insane:

Larry Briggs

205 W High St # 201

Lima, OH 45801

(419) 228-3831

Maybe at 2am :whistle:

If that is his personal Address and phone number ,Should you be posting it??