• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 Morgan

13 posts in this topic

The reverse looks good, but honestly the long scratch above the date and the scrapes on teh cheek worry me.
Before I even panned down I had the exact same concerns as Chris... aka Jason ;)

Anyhow, hope you didn't pay too much for it. I think it's a very low end MS coin if that with it's problems.

I paid $20 bucks for it. The reason I bought it is for the infamous die cracks that the 21's are so popular for. This one looks like it has some good ones. Also about the scratch on the Obv, it looks like a scratch to me too but when I zoom this thing in, it looks like it doesn't go over the stars. It also looks like it may be raised metal. I';ve not seen a die crack go across the fields that way on a morgan but I'm not gonna count it out that it may be one. Ya think????

I paid $20 bucks for it. The reason I bought it is for the infamous die cracks that the 21's are so popular for. This one looks like it has some good ones. Also about the scratch on the Obv, it looks like a scratch to me too but when I zoom this thing in, it looks like it doesn't go over the stars. It also looks like it may be raised metal. I';ve not seen a die crack go across the fields that way on a morgan but I'm not gonna count it out that it may be one. Ya think????

I was wondering too if it's a scratch or a die crack. Looks more like a scratch but I've seen wild die cracks on 21's too. The cheek has a good amount of dings.I'm gonna say 63 if it a die crack.

The contact marks on the cheek dont bother me so much, but that certainly looks like a scratch above the date. I do see a nice die crack extending from the A in america to the R in dollar.

The contact marks on the cheek dont bother me so much, but that certainly looks like a scratch above the date. I do see a nice die crack extending from the A in america to the R in dollar.

I agree. When I zoom it in it looks to go over one star but nothing on the next star. Guess I'll just have to wait an see when I get it in-hand. It would be a very odd die crack so I may be leaning to a nice scratch. who knows.

This is my modified version of the sellers picks. Just picked this up a few minutes ago. Can I have ya'lls opinions of grade please? thanks!

1921Morgan.jpg

Well these are the pics I took tonite. Just quick ones. The scratch does not look near as bad as they did in the sellers pic. It is a scratch but a very very thin hairline scratch. Anyway, the coin is much whiter with some nice luster but I choose these pics to show the die crack in this thing also. I like the die cracks on these 21's.

1921MorganObvRev0129.jpg

When I saw the first pics I was wondering if it was au...

After the second I wouldnt have paid above au for it.

I think 20 dollars is the top of its value.