• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Those Who Just Ordered the UHR 2009 Saint-Gaudens ...

372 posts in this topic

When I ordered, it was backordered to 2/6, e-mail today now says 2/20...

Same with me

Same here, so I went to the site (order history) and looked this morning, sure enough..2/20. BUT, I decided to go back and buy the Kennedy rolls and the date in my order history this afternoon was back to 2/6???

Do they really know when they will be sent out? (shrug)

Well, those who were 6th Feb are now 20th - TWO weeks behind schedule

Those who were 28th are back to 6th.. not 2 weeks is it.

I think the 6th will be the day they start going out.. otherwise why aren't we backordered to the 11th or more like the later orders. Some calculation seems to have taken place there it isn't just a push both back 2 weeks

Actually I looked at my order, and the coin is expected 2/6, but the book is expected 2/20, would they ship them separately?

I received an email from the mint delaying it to the 18th although the website still hasn't changed from a 2/6 delivery date. I think they're messing with us. I guess it's true what they say, "A watched pot never boils".

WOE!!

Here is an email that I received today from the Mint:

Greetings from the United States Mint.

We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below

are currently on backorder. Please expect your item(s)

to arrive within the timeframe listed below.

Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov

Thanks again for shopping with the United States Mint.

Item: UH1 Qty: 1 Exp Ship: 3/13/09

2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN

Item: UH3 Qty: 1 Exp Ship: 3/13/09

2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN BOOK

I am definitely at the end of this line!

I got one today 3/13/09 for the coin and 3/13/09 for the book. Go figure.

That makes me curious. What is Flea-Bay gonna do about all those that sold one and now can not deliver within 30 days? I bet they let it pass since it is a fairly high dollar item and they will make a percentage on each one.

MM

That makes me curious. What is Flea-Bay gonna do about all those that sold one and now can not deliver within 30 days? I bet they let it pass since it is a fairly high dollar item and they will make a percentage on each one.

MM

I bet they do nothing also.....I also don't understand why people would pay more on eBay.

doesnt that allow breaking of feebay rules. dont the items have to be in hand ? and arent all the pics on ebay of this coin copy write infinged? since no body has this in hand the picture cant be of the item for sale.

Another email today. Just have to accept the fact that it will happen, but probably not very soon. Maybe they will rush and send a nice $ error...

Item: UH1 Qty: 1 Exp Ship: 3/20/09

2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN

Item: UH3 Qty: 1 Exp Ship: 3/20/09

2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN BOOK

doesnt that allow breaking of feebay rules. dont the items have to be in hand ? and arent all the pics on ebay of this coin copy write infinged? since no body has this in hand the picture cant be of the item for sale.

Ant....as per the eBay rules, you can run a "pre-sale" auction as long as you can ship the item in 30 days.

I am sorry guys but I am starting to see June in your future!!

As much as I hate waiting until June I would think the longer it takes them to ship the less they will ship and the rarer they will be.

As much as I hate waiting until June I would think the longer it takes them to ship the less they will ship and the rarer they will be.

I don't see how that follows.

All I can say is "time value of money"! The longer it takes them to ship it, the longer the money will stay in my savings account earning 2.4%, so $1,189 in June only cost me $1,175 today!

I don't see how that follows.

Ok try to follow me here. The coin does not have a limit they can mint however they can only mint this years in 2009. They said there were 40,000 orders on the first day. Currently there are people that ordered the first day that are back ordered until mid-march. To me the fact that they do not think they will have the 1st 40,000 minted until mid March is showing how SLOW they are about doing it.

Also there was another post stating that they had already made 29,000, If they already had the many minted then it is taking them a month and a half to mint 11,000. That is about 7,300 per month. With only another 8 months left in 2009 that is about 58,400 more. for a total message of 100,000

Now if they already had that 40,000 filled and shipped then you could see that the mint was putting them out much much fasted which would logically mean the total mintage would be higher.

I think what Mark is getting at is, they will mint all these orders and any more that come along, regardless. You can only BUY them in 2009, nothing about them only being minted (if orders persist)

I tend to agree with both of you. I think the mintage could be a bit lower. Gave up on ordering a 2nd and 3rd one for now until we see some progress but I think personally it won't change how many I buy

So far no more backorder email for me, still showing 18 Feb ! fingers crossed :D

Still waiting to hear if ANYONE has had one shipped out yet

I think what Mark is getting at is, they will mint all these orders and any more that come along, regardless. You can only BUY them in 2009, nothing about them only being minted (if orders persist)

You've got it backwards. If they have stock they can keep on selling them right into 2010. But even if they have orders they have to stop striking them 12/31/09. The law requires that the coins must bear the date of striking or issuance on them. Making them after December 31st that would be 2010 either way. (There is an out though. The law allows the Sec treas to freeze the date in order to prevent a shortage of a denomination. I think they would be stretching it though to claim a date freeze in order to prevent a shortage of Double Eagles.

I thoght he meant the might be rarer because some people will get tired of waiting and cancel while others will keep seeing the long backorders and not bother ordering in the first place. Either way the result is a lower mintage.

I will throw in another point. If the price of gold drops as some think it will with deflation, I will be cancelling my order. I do not see the mint LOWERING a price, only raising them. I do not mind paying a couple of hundred over melt, but I am outa here if they get to 400 over melt.

I am sure a lot will cancel if that happens, lowering the mintage.

I will wait and buy one on E-bay for less than the mint price it that happens.

Now if gold goes up, the ones that ordered early will be OK on melt value. But remember, if gold goes sky high, it is probably because inflation has taken off, therefore your money is not worth as much any more.

MM

Are you kidding ? people were paying $400 over mint price only an hour after the mint released the coin ! on preorder ! lol

Are you kidding ? people were paying $400 over mint price only an hour after the mint released the coin ! on preorder ! lol

The price will fall even on eBay.....just wait till more people need the money!!