• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my 2 Walkers...please

11 posts in this topic

Hello Stefanie…what you got here?

1940-P in a foam insert (not from the top 5)

1941-P in a plastic gasket (possibly NCG)

I need to know something on the 1940 obv. Is that a “smudge” on the holder right over Miss Liberties left thigh

or are the skirt lines actually missing in this area? I’m not a real big fan of colorfully toned coins, but the reverse

of this particular walker is very attractive.

<>

I agree on the MS-62 assessement on the 1940-P :grin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 1941 is more to my liking and I think this one will grade out as at least an MS-64, wait, due to the lack of bag marks

or dings in the focal areas and/or no rim dents, with lots of luster, I’m going to go ahead and say MS-65. It’s a good day

today at the “can you spare a grade” forum. I prefer the subtle toning on this Walker, a good overall candidate for a solid collector.

There you have it, I will grade the first coin once I get the info requested.

Happy New Year

Hello Stefanie…what you got here?

1940-P in a foam insert (not from the top 5)

1941-P in a plastic gasket (possibly NCG)

I need to know something on the 1940 obv. Is that a “smudge” on the holder right over Miss Liberties left thigh

or are the skirt lines actually missing in this area? I’m not a real big fan of colorfully toned coins, but the reverse

of this particular walker is very attractive.

The 1941 is more to my liking and I think this one will grade out as at least an MS-64, wait, due to the lack of bag marks

or dings in the focal areas and/or no rim dents, with lots of luster, I’m going to go ahead and say MS-65. It’s a good day

today at the “can you spare a grade” forum. I prefer the subtle toning on this Walker, a good overall candidate for a solid collector.

There you have it, I will grade the first coin once I get the info requested.

Happy New Year

Thanks so much :)

I will say that I see no wear on either coin. The 1940 however is a weaker strike and has just a few hits. The toning on the obverse is no where as spectacular as the reverse.

My images do not do it justice.

I will guess ms62

The 41 has a nice strike with a few more hits, but since the strike is decent...... ..

I take a stab at 63 and maybe, just maybe 64 ;)

Well, that's my take on them..........but lets see what you say.

btw, both are in a plastic display case, not a third party grading slab

Stefanie

I do not have a close-up of that area on a Walking Liberty half dollar, but if you look at an ASE (American Silver Eagle) it is an modern artist rendition of Weinman’s original design.

ASE.jpg

Hey, Woody.

As my high school students used to say, "like...duh"! I didn't even THINK to look at the ASE's. I have a couple...what WAS I thinking (or NOT thinking).

Thanks. Great photo, by the way!!!

RI AL

Hey Woody and Alan------ I gave Stefanie a PM yesterday. But, I must confess that I always feel badly if I don't at times comment on both of your postings.

We need this humor. Honestly, all of us need it---especially in times such as these. So, I want to thank both of you for bringing a little laughter into some of these posts. It NEVER hurts to poke a bit of FUN into the mix.

And Alan, if Woody's coin doesn't quite do it for you, send me a PM. I'll see if my dear wife would send you what you need by picture tomorrow.

Keep up the good work guys. And, to Stefanie. You do manage to get a lot of help here on these boards. My friend does agree with me by the way. Bob [supertooth]

The 1940 has a little to much wear on the hand & skirtlines to be an ms. I will give it a AU50. The toning is a little to much for me.

The 1941 even though it has toning. It is a mint luster toning. The strike is real good obverse & reverse. I give it a MS 64 or 65.

Ron

Hey, Bob (supertooth).

Thanks for the kind words regarding humor. I think humor is what helped me get through teaching 24 years of high school while keeping my sanity...I think... :pullhair:

Alan

There have been rare occasions where I try to be informative, I'm pleased to have posters like Stefanie here and then to have experts like you (Supertooth) follow up my, our observations.

In the end, everyone benefits. :grin: