• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

82CC Morgan

11 posts in this topic

Well it looks to be an over-exposed picture. Actually looks like a scan if it wasn't for the reflection of the camera. From what I can see, looks to be maybe MS64-65. I don't see enough reflection to be Pl or Dmpl. Hard to tell by these pics.

Can you tell me anything from these pics? Looks to me like a 64 PL ,maybe DMPL? Thanks for looking.

Adjusted levels a bit. Still needs work, but it does show your mirrors somewhat. Looks like a sure candidate for PL if not DMPL provided that the overexposed image isn't hiding any flaws.

71545.jpg

71546.jpg

Yeah, thanks robec,that makes it better. I'd like to have seen more "frost" on the devices. That may be because of the exposure too. The area in front of the face is worrisome. There might be more there than shows. I can't see any problems with the reverse. Anyone else?

That was my area of concern as well. The area right in front of her eyes, also a spot between her head and the M in UNUM. Also, what's going on between the U and R of PLURIBUS?

That was my area of concern as well. The area right in front of her eyes, also a spot between her head and the M in UNUM. Also, what's going on between the U and R of PLURIBUS?

Shoot.Didn't notice that ,whatever it is,between U and R. I'll check it. There is almost alway some chatter of course,but the extent of it can be hidden in photos.

Sorry, but I think this coin might have some sort of a chemical film problem. The dull spots around the mirrors appear to dull in real like, not just from the photo. The coin may have been improperly dipped and might now have some sort of chemical residue on it. Given the age of the coin, I double that the haze, if it really is on the piece, is mint caused. A coin of this age would have turned darker by now.

Update. I finally got the coin the look over.It sat at the Post office over the weekend. I was asked not to remove it from the cardboard flip if I want to return it. It definitely looks more "normal" in hand than the sellers pics. I have a couple I took but they aren't very good. I'm hoping you guys can at least tell me if the scratch between U and R is going to be a grading problem.Or anything else you might notice. I think this is a 64. It's very close to DMPL as well. By the way, this is a VAM 3A,I-3,R-5.

Thanks for looking.

82ccnew1.jpg

82CCscratch.jpg