• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909 VDB Lincoln

9 posts in this topic

I'm not convinced its MS. If it is as you say, since you have it in hand and can examine it, I would not grade it any higher than 63BN based on those images. The luster does not seem to be present at all, and the strike is pretty weak. Indeed, based on those images I wouldn't grade it any higher than AU-55.

Obviously, it looks better in hand. There's zero wear, hardly a hit on the coin and it has cartwheel luster under the toning. It also has PL fields and rims.The wheat grains are so sharp they might cut you! lol I may submit this because I feel it has a shot at 65.

I'm gonna have to agree with Physics here. Looks like some wear on the hiar of lincoln above the forehead. Also looks to have a little wear on the left wheat stalk. I'm also seeing a pinkish tint here which sometimes indicates a dipped cent. I don't know as you say looks different in-hand. Could be the pics.

20081228_1909VDBrev_28DEC2008.jpg

20081228_1909VDBrev2_28DEC2008.jpg

For comparison sake, here is the reverse of an NGC MS64 reverse. It appears that the right wheat ear of yours has wear near the tip. I would think this would be enough to prevent a grade of 65. Lord knows I'm no stranger to being wrong. :D

09lincR537.jpg