• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1932 P Quarter

20 posts in this topic

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade

1 1 13666529 5790 1932 25C US MS63

This was part of their quarterly free submission.

I think MS 63 is "very conservative". She sure looks nicer than that to me. Why was I under the impression that all 1932's are weakly struck? Another misconception?

RI AL

I think MS 63 is "very conservative". She sure looks nicer than that to me. Why was I under the impression that all 1932's are weakly struck? Another misconception?

RI AL

All 1932 are weak on the "In God we trust" motto. Beginning in 1934 that area was strengthened although there are some 1934 quarters (“type of ’32) that also have the weak, low relief motto.

I’m surprised at the MS-63 grade for this coin. It appears to be a choice undipped original piece.

Its probably the picture

I bet if "D" took some pictures of the coin Pre Coffin it would look much different.

HOWEVER 63 seems conservative for the strike

1932quarterP.jpg

You were doomed from the start by having the sign of the beast inserted into the official certification number. Nothing but bad vibes

and negative waves coming off this coin. Send it back in to PCGS and tell them to go ahead now and to give this nice 32 Washington

quarter the rightly deserved higher grade. Also, you may want to mention that the consenus from the NCG "Hey buddy, can you spare

a grade?" forum all thought it was under graded and needs to be bumped up to it's correct status. Well, maybe you had better not

include our opinions, but the 666 does have to go!

Good luck...may the force be with you.

I would say this is definitely worthy of a resubmission. The strike may be a little weak, but this coin is a sure 64 or 65 in my eyes.

Brandon

I would say this is definitely worthy of a resubmission. The strike may be a little weak, but this coin is a sure 64 or 65 in my eyes.

Brandon

To be honest .. the strike is rather nice for a 32..... Dwaine if you want to move this coin no need to resubmit. I will gladly take this one off your hands at a fair price. And no not MS63 levels. I would then take that PCGS holder and use a hammer on it!

"To be honest .. the strike is rather nice for a 32"

Really? Even the reverse? It appears that you are the expert in Wash. quarters so I will certainly defer to you, I just felt like the reverse strike appeared a litle weak.

Brandon

The early Washington Quarters had less detail on the hub design than any of the others. This looks like a rather bold strike for the date.

I would look closely at the high points of the obverse. PCGS will often 63 an otherwise gem if there is a trace of friction on the forcurls.

It has a very weak strike on the reverse the eagles freathers are not really a very good strike . worn die. You can tell by the tail feathers and wings. The obverse is very good. It has a good strike. but not a MS65 or 66.

Ron

"To be honest .. the strike is rather nice for a 32"

Really? Even the reverse? It appears that you are the expert in Wash. quarters so I will certainly defer to you, I just felt like the reverse strike appeared a litle weak.

Brandon

Both sides of the strike are nice... In fact take a gander at the PCGS registry and find me a nicer struck coin. For reference here is my 1932 Which I have at MS65

L32.jpg

It has a very weak strike on the reverse the eagles freathers are not really a very good strike . worn die. You can tell by the tail feathers and wings. The obverse is very good. It has a good strike. but not a MS65 or 66.

I disagree again... look at any 32 qtr... Find me better feathers :) You will be hard pressed to find a better Washington assuming the images are correct.