• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1966 Roosevelt MS67FT Dime

31 posts in this topic

As a dime expert, there are 2 different roosevelts dimes for 1965,1966,and 1967.The 2 types are MS and SMS.Both have Full torch designation.SMS also have Cameo's and Ultra Cameo's.All SMS are considered Proofs,because the mint only put out a SMS set that year.The MS are the ones put out into circulation.These are very difficult to find.I own one of the true MS, roosevelt dimes.You need to check the clad registery.The MS roosevelts for these years are very expensive.Sachatzy doesnt know what he is talking about.

Paul, I know these are expensive and they are just not available either. I know one sits in your registry set. I cannot find the other 2 that ngc lists in their population. I hope that they werent crossed over, cause the pcgs census is 2 and I have accounted for both of them.

As a dime expert, there are 2 different roosevelts dimes for 1965,1966,and 1967.The 2 types are MS and SMS.

Sachatzy doesnt know what he is talking about.

First he didn't state wheather he was looking for MS or SMS!!

Second NGC just recently started adding the FT to the SMS coins!!

I sorry I am not a registry dime freak like you!! I enjoy collecting not the sport of being #1.

Well schatzy,the pop report he mentioned was 3.and knowing that year and different types of coins, it was obvious to figure that out what he was really talking about.I went 1 step better and distinguished the difference in both so that other collectors also know the difference.Reverent,you really need a life.Always butting in other people convesations and you dont know the difference between rat and rice crispies

:roflmao: I find these slandering threads extremely amusing lol

I know....no matter what I say he always has to get into my business!! lol

Just in case you didn't know I am talking about you paul!!

Reverent,you really need a life.Always butting in other people convesations and you dont know the difference between rat and rice crispies

Well, I guess it's too much to ask for you to actually get my name right. And yeah... whatever makes you feel superior. It must be hard being the only person that has a working brain.

Hey revenant,Just remember something.I have forgotten more about coins,than you can remember.Schatzy If you know what you were talking about,I wouldnt need to help erwindoc out.Oh that's right,how many roosevelts you have in full torch.----None----When I need advice on the 1932 mint set,I will ask you.Stick to what you know,1932.

have the mods noticed that when paul kiraly 3 posts he is always goating and name calling and such. i for one am getting sick of the attitude and think something needs to be done about it. we cant read a political post but we are forced to read his!

can we please stop this madness?

have the mods noticed that when paul kiraly 3 posts he is always goating and name calling and such. i for one am getting sick of the attitude and think something needs to be done about it. we cant read a political post but we are forced to read his!

I second that!! :applause:

Ant,

I feel it necessary to chime in since I have been involved in several of these threads that Paul has been posting in. I am not defending his actions or comments, but it is definitely a two way street. The animosity between Paul and some of the other forum members goes both ways and all parties involved are responsible for their own actions. I don't think it is fair to just blame Paul.

Having said that, I find it mildly entertaining to watch.

Paul (Lehigh96)

i agree lehigh96 , the bashing does go both ways. but its as though paul adds wording in to his posts to see if he can get a rize out of someone. like "Sachatzy doesnt know what he is talking about" was that realy called for? NO it wasnt. he could have answered the question in his own opinion and left it at that. that is goating/picking a fight/trash talking IMO.

the retalitory coments arent needed either but are more warrented than the original BASH!

I just wish that Paul would at least learn some historical facts about what Abraham Lincoln really intended, but did not live long enough to do for the South during Reconstruction. John Wilkes Booth did more to hurt the South during Reconstruction than all damage inflicted by the 250,000 rebel soldiers who died in the war were able to inflict during the entire war itself. Paul should be ashamed of his glaring ignorance of history and his ill informed insults directed at a President who, had he lived, would have made the healing process of Reconstruction an entirely different process than how it ended up being through the efforts and greed of Secretary Stanton and others.

Paul's registry content is very offensive to anyone who has the slightest knowledge of US history. I lived in the south for many years and was extremely irritated with people there who, through their own ignorance, blame the transgressions of greedy northern Carpetbaggers and corrupt politicians during Reconstruction on President Lincoln. Booth ended up, through his ignorance and hatred, being an agent of the corrupt northern politicians and caused a greater destruction of the south then the entire war had. Lincoln would have permitted none of what later happened and would probably have jailed Stanton and many other politicians for the acts that they committed.

Read and learn some history Paul, before you shoot your mouth off!

Wow, I ruffled lots of feathers with that post! Maybe I should be more careful next time! It was interesting to read all the comments. My question didnt get answered and I still want to track down those 2 dimes!!!

Sorry, guys. I just can only take so much of his nonsense without a response. Schatzy was answering a question and Paul came in apparently looking for a fight. I guess I gave him one.

Hey oldtrader3 I know my history very well.I will give you a fact you need to look up,before I get into a southern dispute with me on Abe.Sherman told Abe Lincoln he was going on a march to burn everything in georgia,from Alanta to Savannah, People,kids,schools,churches,ect before his re-election.Abe Knew if he did this ,he wouldnt have won the re-election,because the rest of the northern states wouldnt support this action.He told Sherman to wait until his re-election,before he did this,and he did it.So do your homework!!!!!!!! This is one the many reasons I dislike Lincoln.I name my coin set whatever I want.If it offends people,oh well.I have friends in here as well as some people who dont like me.I am just being me.

WOW,

So anyway, good luck in tracking down the other 2.

Have you tried to contact the two that have the 2 PCGS ones to see if they know if they could of been crossovers?

Maybe if you had a date that all of them were graded it would help answer that question (if the PCGS were graded before the other two NGC then they are not cross overs)

I never thought of that before. I actually know who made one of the PCGS coins, so I hope it wasnt a cross but just sent it in for grading. Thanks for the idea!

Might try checking auction archives on heritage also to see if any of the 5 (3 ngc & 2pcgs) were on there.

If the NGCs were on there later that would also tell you they were not cross overs

From what I can tell, the NGC coins havent been crossed over. I talked to one of the PCGS people that owns one and he made it himself. I will keep searching!

Sherman first order was cut the all southern supply rail rail lines where they all converged through Atlanta, That was his first mission. To do this, he had to fight at Chickamauga, Cheatham Hill, the Battla of Atlanta and every hick plantation town to from Decatur to Savanah. I have walked the ramparts in the Oconee National Forest and been to Chickamaga, Cheatham Hill et cetera. This was war Paul. It is no different then the thousands who died at Andersonville, South Carolina Prison Camp.

The same Willian T. Sherman left Confederate General Johstone's men keep their horses, weapons and uniforms to return home after Appamatox

I was talking about Reconstruction policy which John Wilkes Booth destroyed any hope of a reasoned Reconstruction policy with one stupid bullet because of blind, unreasoned, hatred. Get your history right for a change, Paul..

congrats erwin..it's very cool when you work hard to find a specific coin and the efforts pay off...in fact, that is the biggest thrill for me, that's why I end almost all of my journals and correspondance with a "Happy Hunting"

The diligent hunt makes finding and owning the coin all the sweeter..again congrats..

Now, back to the drama :popcorn:

Congrats on the find, and the great set ! :) very nice

So Paul was winning before, 07, but now he is not ? that's a shame

Got destroyed lol