• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1935 s peace dollar

9 posts in this topic

Hi Folks .

After learning a valuable lesson in grading was wondering about this new one here .

MVC-335S.jpg

MVC-334S.jpg

OK here goes . I am leaning towards a late 63 maybe a 64 although I am not sure of the marks on the face and the ding in the edge in America ,.

Thanks Martin

Kinda hard to tell from the pics, they appear like they could be hiding quite a bit. If I were to try and buy based on those pics, I wouldn't bid any higher than 60, if that. The rim ding on the reverse really concerns me, and I would be afraid that the angle is specially designed to minimize the appearance of the damage. In hand or with better pics, I might see this going 63 or 64, again, if the rim damage isn't too severe.

That is an awfully nice strike. It's hard to tell the extent of the rim damage, but if isn't too severe, I'd say it might get 64.

Chris

I think the hair detail is a little lacking but I have seen WORSE in 64 holders so I will say 64 also if the angle is not hiding stuff

Nice "S" mint coin

I agree with the others. The rim ding might be a concern and a few nics on the Obv and a couple in the rays of the Rev but MS64 looks about right from what I can see.

im seeing some diagonal lines above DOLLAR i think going through the rays. on the obv i seem to see 2 virtical lines running from Y down to date. and on here cheek it looks like 3 marks 2 being dark and one looking like a contact gash.

my eyes could be playing tricks on me due to so much photoshop'n