• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World Registry - Great Britain

31 posts in this topic

Guest Joiseygirl

****NEW**** Announcing the initial launch for the Great Britain World Registry

Circulation Issue sets are now available for the Great Britain World Registry. More to come in the near future.

Thanks to all for being so patient.

Type sets must be planned ;) FANTASTIC start for GB.. I am very jealous and might have to make sovereign sets.

Just one request per my journal.. can you please add a set for the 1937 gold specimen sets :) as you can see I have already started the first NGC registry set for GB :)

****NEW**** Announcing the initial launch for the Great Britain World Registry

Circulation Issue sets are now available for the Great Britain World Registry. More to come in the near future.

Thanks to all for being so patient.

Oh, you kill me! No silver Britannia sets yet! Oh! I die! :cry:

Seriously, it's great that the GB registry is up. I'm looking forward to the rest of the sets.

Congratulations to the GB collectors! The new Registry Sets look quite interesting and I look forward to seeing some of your coins.

Dena,

By the way, there are only 42 days left before Christmas but I am still hoping to find a Mexico Gold 50 Pesos (1921-1947) Registry Set in my stocking.

Nudge, nudge, nudge . . .

I did get my 1880/70 added, thanks to Amy I think it was !

Praying for the 1937 gold proofs as the next addition to the GB, as well as fractions. But just want to have a place to put my babies, the set will be complete this year I feel. I have many people looking for the right grade PF sov

Amy,

My birthday is right around the corner, and all I want is a British Double Florin Registry set added.

It is only four coins, from 1887-1890 :grin:, and pretty popular with collectors.

cheers!

Doug

Guest Joiseygirl

Happy Birthday, Doogy.

I've noted your request for a Double Florin set as well as RareSov's request for the 1937 Proof set - Five Pounds, Two Pounds, Sovereign and Half Sovereign.

Thank you,

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Happy Birthday, Doogy.

I've noted your request for a Double Florin set as well as RareSov's request for the 1937 Proof set - Five Pounds, Two Pounds, Sovereign and Half Sovereign.

Thank you,

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Amy,

Thanks very much! :grin:

Low and behold, my Double Florin category is already done! man, you guys are on the ball there! Since I have the first set, it looks like i'm in first place too, however long that lasts :acclaim: ha ha

thanks again for taking my request, and fulfilling it so quickly!

Doug

Awesome ! nice coin you have in there :) should last a while at that grade !

Please check the points and see if you agree/disagree with the grades. I plan on doing this for the coins I know well

I have a related question...how often is the NGC census for Great Britain updated? I had coins certified last spring that have not shown up in it yet.

Every 2-3 years, apparently. :(

I have a related question...how often is the NGC census for Great Britain updated? I had coins certified last spring that have not shown up in it yet.

Every 2-3 years, apparently. :(

I wonder if a registry will force them to update it now? I have coins that don't exist according to the census.

Awesome ! nice coin you have in there :) should last a while at that grade !

Please check the points and see if you agree/disagree with the grades. I plan on doing this for the coins I know well

thanks! i need to upload a couple others when i get them imaged. yeah, i'm just pleased they added British sets. I think they may start to tweak the points gradually, as rarity and the pop reports show that certain grades/years are much more rare than others.

As for the Double Florins, when you get to MS65 and up, the points should go way up, as there are few of them certified at this level (and i've seen a ton of raw examples, but have yet to see an MS65+ raw example besides this MS66 i found in England and had graded)

Can't wait to see what full matched set of PF66 CAMEO gold will get me :D thinking alotta points, same with my Aussie sovs. They are taking their time assessing the pop reports carefully I guess :)

Guest Joiseygirl

coinman1794,

Could you give me specific examples of the GB coins not showing on the Census? This may just be a matter of 'flipping the switch'.

Thanks,

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

My 1776 NGC MS62 Maundy 1P is not listed, there are no 1776s, in fact. I'm not sure if my 1753 NGC MS63BN 1/2penny (graded the same day) was ever entered either. A few coins I have wanted to buy in auction were not listed either, but I can't remember specifically which.

Thanks for taking a look!

Unfortunately, I likely posted something in the wrong thread... please consider adding the Matte Proof 1902 Crown to the Edward VII Crown registry set as then it will have two coins

Another sale recently.. New York.. nice prices !!

Here are the relevant results in POUNDS, exclusive of buyers premium (and VAT) ! so it looks like I am already in front on both the 2 and 5 sov..

2947 Great Britain, 1937 Proof 1/2 Sovereign, George VI. NGC PR65. KM-858. S-4077. Nearly worthy of the cameo designation with nice... 500 Sold

2948 Great Britain, 1937 Proof Sovereign, George VI. NGC PR65. KM-859. An extremely popular one-year type and the most collected pi... 1,600 Sold

2949 Great Britain, 1937 Proof Gold 2 Pounds. George VI. NGC PR65. KM-860. Refreshingly original and quite attractive throughout. T... 900 Sold

2950 Great Britain, 1937 5 Pounds Gold, George VI. NGC PR66 Cameo. KM-861. An exceptional large gold piece suitable for the most ad... 2,000 Sold

coinman1794,

Could you give me specific examples of the GB coins not showing on the Census? This may just be a matter of 'flipping the switch'.

Thanks,

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Hello,

Let me know if you've made any progress on getting the World census up to date. None of the examples that I privately PM'ed you have appeared in the census yet.

Thanks!