• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should this grade? Currency Fr. 40

12 posts in this topic

Your note has nice vibrant colors and a low serial number to boot. I see a couple of corner folds. I believe it is XF-45 EPQ. Very nice note which was issued only in 1923. Definately a keeper.

Dean (thumbs u

Sorry but this not has no corner folds at all. It is a gem but to what number I do not know.

Counting marks are not corner folds. They are a testiment to originality.

Thanks for your opinion though.....peace

I was referring to the upper right corner on the reverse. It looks like it goes throught the design and not the tip. I use a high intensity light to detect folds. It is hard to grade currency by a scan. I bought a Fr.40 several years ago. It is in the PMG registry under dean1345 notes and grades CHCU63EPQ. Are you going to have it graded by PMG or PCGS? If so, let me know what it grades.

Dean

Dean I understand what you are thinking. I also believe it is best to be conservative and to LOOK for any problems. I can understand completly your thinking and you should not change a thing. Some paper disturbences are a good sign. This note has a counting mark which does not take away from this note at all. How did I learn this?

I was told by a PMG grader when providing another submission.

I only use PMG. There standards are high and there graders are reliable. PCGS uses one inexperienced graded whom I have met. Her inexperience can easily be detected.

PMG has the right guy running the show, Glenn Jorde. He is fair and reliable. Everything I have had graded at PMG has come back lower than I expected. This only tells me my banknote has been conservatively graded.

I can live with that. I dont need anyone inexperienced grading my banknotes.

Do you collect any other large currency series? I started collecting coins first but fell in love with currency about 5 years ago. The color and designs of the educational notes caught my eyes immediately. But I would like to find a $5 Morgan Back in mid-grade someday. Good luck to you and I know many currency collectors that have the same attitude towards raw vs. certified notes. I have found out that the note doctors are even better than the coin doctors. But an experienced currency collector does not need a PMG or PCGS to tell them what a note grades.

Best Regards,

Dean