• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC have a variety registry set? For Roosies?

12 posts in this topic

I have a few variety proof Roosevelts and would like to know if NGC has a variety set like PCGS offers. I glanced it over and couldn't find one. I know we can register a variety, however, some arn't recognized (at this time by NGC) and they don't award additional points. Anyone else have any interest in a proof Roosevelt variety set? Thanks for any help.

I am a bigger fan than you are !!!!

I agree with the No S Variety. They have some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who look for anything to try to say it is an error variety.Extra eyelid,one number too close or to far to each other, The obverse 5 degrees off from the reverse.These are really not errors. You will be opening doors to people trying to take advantage of others.Just MS and Proofs are hard enough. I know, let NGC have a harder set. MS and Proof Roosevelt dimes compete in 1 set. That will bring a whole new degree of hardness to the registry..You want a challenge, let ngc do that..

I agree with the No S Variety. They have some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who look for anything to try to say it is an error variety.Extra eyelid,one number too close or to far to each other, The obverse 5 degrees off from the reverse.These are really not errors. You will be opening doors to people trying to take advantage of others.Just MS and Proofs are hard enough. I know, let NGC have a harder set. MS and Proof Roosevelt dimes compete in 1 set. That will bring a whole new degree of hardness to the registry..You want a challenge, let ngc do that..

Paul maybe to do not get the point of the variety set. The only coins that would be added is the RPM, DDR, DDO and NO-S coins.

PCGS did this with there registry and they really didn't add that many more slots.

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/SetComposition.aspx?c=2022

Plus NGC could still have regular sets available. NGC already made the set for the Kennedy Half-Dollars.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/public_sets.aspx?CategoryID=5&sets=all

Paul maybe to do not get the point of the variety set. The only coins that would be added is the RPM, DDR, DDO and NO-S coins.

PCGS did this with there registry and they really didn't add that many more slots.

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/SetComposition.aspx?c=2022

Plus NGC could still have regular sets available. NGC already made the set for the Kennedy Half-Dollars.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/public_sets.aspx?CategoryID=5&sets=all

PS even if NGC doesn't I will still collect error coins since I already own about 10 of them.

I see no problem with a variety set; the more options available the better (so as long as the variety set isn't mandatory [i.e. the normal, non-variety set still exists]). Personally, I think a set with "no s" coins would be rewarding. Secondly, about Paul's comments about the number of varieties, NGC could theoretically set limits to this (i.e. only those sufficient enough to garner a premium above $XYZ or are exceptionally popular as defined per the Red Book, etc.).

Guest Joiseygirl

We will be working on developing new Variety sets in the near future.

Thank you for your input.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

We will be working on developing new Variety sets in the near future.

Thank you for your input.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Thank You!! :applause: