• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your Star Designation!

486 posts in this topic

Lehigh how does gold tone like that? I've never seen that before.

Improper mix of metals usually....other times it just the copper in the gold that kinda leaches to the surface.....that's either the second one I have seen of it's the same coin. You didn't buy that from Bestclser did you? (thumbs u

I talked myself into it. Here is something you don't see everyday but I have shown it before.

StGaudensDoubleEagle1924NGCMS63S-2.jpg

That's wild. Oddly, I had a similar coin and it was also a 1924. Not as vivid though nor was it a star.

jom

Nice coin! :applause:

Since my pics are terrible, I will post the seller's pics whenever possible until I can get my coins professionally imaged.

franklin1956type2cameoebaypicobverse.jpg

franklin1956type2cameoebaypicreverse.jpg

franklin1956type2cameoebaypiclabel.jpg

(Mine also! ) By that I meant it was one of my favorite designs as well as your and yes I do love that coin! MJ

Here is a couple of Kennedy's that has the star designation. I used an indirect lighting effect for the photography. I thought these might make nice give-away gifts for the future.

1966 SMS 50c MS66*

966001.jpg

1972-S 50c PF68*

972-001.jpg

972-002.jpg