• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your Star Designation!

486 posts in this topic

<>

Here is a 47-D in 67*. Not as dramatic as the 47-P. MJ

1264351092-1.jpg

Some people would probably give you the "You $uck Award", but you deserve even worse, the coveted.................

[font:Comic Sans MS] You Schmuck Award [/font]

Chris

This belongs to Duane ATS. Pop 1/0 MS67*

1909MS67compSM.jpg

Now first off, I love that coin, but I think it's a point over-graded and should be a 66RB*, just feels like the jawline has either a tiny mark or two/should be cleaner IMO. Not that I wouldn't take it in a heartbeat!

Now first off, I love that coin, but I think it's a point over-graded and should be a 66RB*, just feels like the jawline has either a tiny mark or two/should be cleaner IMO. Not that I wouldn't take it in a heartbeat!

I'm in total agreement with you. I told Duane that it might even have had a 2 point bump because of the color. The reverse is fine, but the obverse definitely has a soft strike. The detail on the beard is almost gone.

I'm in total agreement with you. I told Duane that it might even have had a 2 point bump because of the color. The reverse is fine, but the obverse definitely has a soft strike. The detail on the beard is almost gone.

Not to mention that fabulous die crack on the right shoulder.... (thumbs u

1306_64_805Bob.jpg

1306_64_805BobRev.jpg

WOW! 66*? First gut was 67 but I think the reverse is more 65ish so a 66 net...?????

64*.

BTW, happy one year anniversary at the NGC boards. :foryou:

I pulled this NGC graded 1886 variety 2 PF65BN* from my original thread. I decided to return it and keep it in my Photobucket files indefinately. This is the only star designation I own. In the coins I collect it is rare that NGC would give a star designation. I have truly loved seeing all the different coin denominations with their gorgeous toning and eye appeal.

1741984-011O1.jpg

1741984-011R1.jpg

WOW! 66*? First gut was 67 but I think the reverse is more 65ish so a 66 net...?????

64*.

BTW, happy one year anniversary at the NGC boards. :foryou:

Thanks! I can't believe that was only a 64!

I think NGC was much more lenient with the star designation in the early days of it's use. Here are some early stars I have.

JeffersonNickel1941NGCMS67Star12-9.jpg

JeffersonNickel1942-SNGCMS66Star-1.jpg

Don't know what they were thinking with the 42-S. :screwy:

I think NGC was much more lenient with the star designation in the early days of it's use. Here are some early stars I have.

JeffersonNickel1941NGCMS67Star12-9.jpg

JeffersonNickel1942-SNGCMS66Star-1.jpg

Don't know what they were thinking with the 42-S. :screwy:

It's * for white...I think that's what the W is??? Never seen that before.