• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your Star Designation!

486 posts in this topic

It's been awhile since I have seen a Star* posted. If you have em' post them for all of us to admire!

That 1930 SL must have some PL surfaces to get the star designation, because it wasn't the toning (obviously)

Congrats! :acclaim:

That 1930 SL must have some PL surfaces to get the star designation, because it wasn't the toning (obviously)

Most likely that is the case. I will know for sure when I get it .

Man I've been looking thru a few of these. Now I see where the star comes in. Some very nice looking coins!!

I have the 1930 NGC 66 Star in hand and all I can say is wow.

The Lustre is outstanding with an amazing cartwheel effect. The surfaces are pristine other then a very minor small hairline scratch on the reverse only visible under magnification and one very minor nick on the liberties leg. The strike is also very strong. I know this date is know for a great strike so I was not really surprised especially for the grade. All but one star on the observe are fully struck , the one that is not fully stuck is just slightly flat. All lines in the shield are there, the third and forth rivets are flat but there.

Vey nice SLQ Mark. If you ever get tired of it.....

Here's another star that I have 1882-s MS65. It's nice, but I have to admit I'm not quite sure it's worthy of the * designation (the reverse is blast white)

IMG_0583.jpg[/img] :

its potentially a star, just not at a 65... :whistle:

adam :)

It is a MS65* graded by NGC ToniDanza, I just feel that I didn't see enough eye-appeal to be considered star-worthy, but apparently the folks at NGC did