• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your Star Designation!

486 posts in this topic

This is my pride and joy of my NGC registry IHC 1886 Variety 2 Proof PF65BN*

86-2-9.jpg[/img]

86-2-8.jpg[/img]

86-2-star.jpg[/img]

Looking forward to seeing your stars!

Dean

:banana:

Guys - for a collector with limited means, I am thrilled to own this birth year coin. NGC census shows that this is one of 5 graded at this level and, for me, that makes it more special. Forgive the pictures since I'm still learning how to photo coins, especially something with this much "shine"!

CameoObv2.jpg

LouisSoccerFranklinHalf8-08027.jpg

LouisSoccerFranklinHalf8-08029.jpg

Catbert, congrats on the '59 Cameo*! That's a tough year for that designation.

Skyman - thank you. I'm not a Frankie collector, but tell me why it's a tough year. Seems to me there would be many more that would qualify. Is it because of a later year in the series and the die was diminishing?

SkyMan- Thanks and I have been lurking this board for several years and have enjoyed learning my passion. Forgive me if I stumble now and then. There is many members here that are respected throughout the coin industry and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Dean (thumbs u

Catbert, congrats on the '59 Cameo*! That's a tough year for that designation.

Skyman - thank you. I'm not a Frankie collector, but tell me why it's a tough year. Seems to me there would be many more that would qualify. Is it because of a later year in the series and the die was diminishing?

1959 Deep Cameo Proof Franklins are somewhat of an anomaly. There were roughly 1,150,000 minted, so there are PLENTY of 1959 proofs around. They are also not uncommon in moderately contrasted condition. Where they get MUCH more difficult to find is in ultra cameo contrast. Last I checked, using the population statistics of roughly a year ago, the 1959 was the 2nd most difficult PCGS DCAM to find, and the most difficult NGC UCAM to find. There are a variety of theories as to why this is the case, and your comment about the die diminishing (therefore it could not be "pickled" in the acid solution as long) is certainly one of them. In any case, owning a 1959 Cameo* is quite a nice thing.

I don't need to show the holders, they are all Battle Creeks, I promise.

BatteCreekBasketballTeamSmall.jpg

I will show the holders upon request for the non-believers. These are all Great Falls

GreatFallsBasketballTeamStar.jpg

And some quadruplets for a finally.

MorganQuadruplets.jpg

Skyman... tell me the 1957 1st and 4th pic is one coin and the 2nd and 3rd is the same coin. Because they seem to match... WOW!!

And Catbert... your 59 is incredible (thumbs u

(my own favorite star)

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

Well if you are only going to own one.....that's a nice one to own :applause:

Thanks, I paid $115 for it on ebay in an ICG 64 holder about 2 years ago. I submitted it to NGC as one of my free submissions and it came back a 64*. I think I did ok on the price. The coin has nice vibrant color and blazing luster.

JJ