• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what grade do yall think?

15 posts in this topic

Hi, Ant. Hiope you're doing well!!

I don't think it's worth the cost of the slab. Nice enough looking coin but definitely not "full bands" and that green spot is distracting. Even in MS 64 or 65, the "Coin Values" list is $40...and in my opinion...that's kinda' high! Interestingly..."Coin Values" lists 64 and 65 at the same value.

RI Al

PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride...an oil based component used to make some of the older clear storage flips and other coin storage products. The PVC seeps in time, leaving a green residue on the coins and actually causing corrosion if it's not removed.

Verd = verdigris. My definition of verdigris is "greenish gunk" ...though I think it can be black too. I couldn't find a specific "coin definition" for vertigris, so I whipped out my Websters dictionary: "a green or greenish blue...pigment resulting from the action of acetic acid on copper".

Ri AL