• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1883 CC GSA Morgan VAM 3

13 posts in this topic

I found this Morgan at a local auction awhile back and noted that it was a VAM 3 and was able to pick it up for an attractive price. I have not had this coin graded but would be interested in your opinions.

Thanks,

Rey

1883CCGSAVAM3Obv.jpg

1883CCGSAVAM3Rev.jpg

That is a very nice looking Morgan there Rey! I'm gonna go with MS63 possibly 64 if the pics are making things look worse than they are. I think it would have gotten close to PL if the Obv would have been more cameo also.

Since it is in a GSA holder, I'm going to say MS64. I don't know about the VAM3 designation. I don't see the vertical lines (from cleaning the die) inside and along the ear and inside the mintmark, and there are clash marks on both obverse and reverse which I don't think are evident on the VAM3. It could be 3A or 4A.

Chris

MS64PL

I think the incandescent lighting is throwing off some of its PL surfaces

As an example see the second picture

Nice Coin

63942.jpg.8dbdaab945a337170b24819260805931.jpg

63943.jpg.580fdb07850e5b3af1cda1e7be6a76e4.jpg

thank you everyone, actually I did mis speak, it is a VAM 3A as noted above by Chris. The lighting did affect the images. I only have a few GSAs and will be using my most recent free grading coupon to take care of these.

Thanks,

Rey

thank you everyone, actually I did mis speak, it is a VAM 3A as noted above by Chris. The lighting did affect the images. I only have a few GSAs and will be using my most recent free grading coupon to take care of these.

Thanks,

Rey

Rey, I found another CHOO CHOO for you today, and I will be putting it in the mail probably tomorrow.

Chris