• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1926-S Peace Dollar

9 posts in this topic

This Peace dollar was just submitted and graded recently by PCGS. Take a stab at grading it and I will post the grade given after 9:00PM PDT, today.

1926-SPeace.jpg1926-SPeaceRev.jpg

I really don't know too much about the Peace $'s, but since they are known for having a weak strike, I'll guess MS64.

Chris

I will be gone this evening so I will post the grade now. PCGS (net) graded this coin as AU58 despite no visible wear and nice luster that does not show well in the scan. I think that they "net graded" this coin because of the spotting on the obverse. The coin is a nice example for date and mintmark, plus it has beautiful, pastel, iridescent toning. I think that I will keep it since I have had the raw coin for about 30 years or so.

I have several sliders in my Peace dollar set and will continue to look for additional sliders as they can be found. This set is a fun project because none of the nice sliders in the set have cost me much money.