• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a grade opinion?

12 posts in this topic

What grade would you place on this 1834 capped bust quarter? I feel VF30 but then its mine and it may have an earlier cleaning with retoning-not sure. It has some beautiful rim toning on the obverse and reverse with interesting die cracks on reverse from tip of eagle's left wing to rim and from eagle's left center talon through the olive leaves to the rim. Also, appears to be something going on near the F in OF but can't quite be sure what. Another HJB purchase. David is a great guy and has helped me immensely.

Thanks for listening and viewing.

Jim

1834BustQuarterHJB.jpg

I would agree with a VF 30 as a minimum grade. Not saying it is any more than that, but it looks like thats about right.

Is that a die crack from the eagle's left wingtip? It looks like he's zapping the arrows with a lightning bolt.

Chris

Agreed on a previous “light” cleaning but it is not distracting since it grew a bit of skin back since then.

I am hesitant to agree that what you have there is a VF-30 but I will give it one step in front of Fine and still go with VF-20.

What ever it would grade out as is insignificant because a coin of this age and condition in a personal collection out weighs what everyone one else thinks.

I like it.