• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1900 O/CC Morgan-impressions?

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post these and ask your opinion on overall condition and if you think it's been cleaned?Most definittely,huh? The color is definitely Silver with some mint luster remaining. I replaced the brownish pics. And,if anyone knows the exact VAM?

I have an overhead Fluorescent light, Sometimes the color comes out just right,but I can't seem to keep it consistent. Anyway,here you go. Thanks

OoverCClast1.jpg

OoverCClast2.jpg

OverCCsmall.jpg

It looks to possibly have been dipped, not sure about a cleaning tho'. The scratches don't look like normal cleaning hairlines to me.

From your photo, it's hard to tell. It could be either VAM-8 or VAM-11.

Chris

Hey Chris,

So, AU for a grade,you think?

I thought it might be a VAM 8 ,but I can't see the doubled O. It could be there.. As for 8A and 8B,it can't be either.No rust pitting and no clashes.

Then, VAM 11 shows die cracks on the reverse, a thread/hair on the cap and the CC is very faint and shows only one "horn" on the right C. Mine doesn't show the first two and it has two "horns" of the C.

Any other online references besides Vamworld?

From your photo, it's hard to tell. It could be either VAM-8 or VAM-11.

Chris

Hey Chris,

So, AU for a grade,you think?

I thought it might be a VAM 8 ,but I can't see the doubled O. It could be there.. As for 8A and 8B,it can't be either.No rust pitting and no clashes.

Then, VAM 11 shows die cracks on the reverse, a thread/hair on the cap and the CC is very faint and shows only one "horn" on the right C. Mine doesn't show the first two and it has two "horns" of the C.

Any other online references besides Vamworld?

I don't know about online, but I didn't use VAMWorld. I used this book. It has 8 pages devoted to the O/CC.

Chris

PS. Sorry about the lousy photo.

62209-_MG_2258.JPG.2a0899043fbd6dfabd296f9c71cceea1.JPG

My public library is very limited as to Coin collecting books. And a lot of them are kinda pricey.. Thanks for the help.

Looking at the picture of the book.I see a "Clash E" on the cover. Thinking about trying to get a couple of those.