• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think the grade on this $ 5 Gold is ?

9 posts in this topic

I purchased this raw coin on E Bay many months ago.

The seller’s description over graded the coin but I still picked it up for a reasonable price.

I have not submitted this coin for grading. I have a good idea where it would grade out.

This post will be left up for a week or so and then I will post the grade the seller assigned and then the grade I think it is. What grade would you assign ??

61603-1907-d-observe.jpg.71b561369705bed21b63814f9f9ac8f1.jpg

61604-1907-d-reverse.jpg.3e39e507f782cde223db9f2c1ad94aaa.jpg

it doesnt look bad to me, but i am not quite sure on some areas of the fields. the device looks good. im leening towards au50-55ish

AU, good remaining luster for an AU coin with a few luster breaks and marks. Graded recently, in this tight environment, I would venture AU55. Graded earlier, AU58.

I bought this coin on E Bay raw. It was advertised as Gem BU – totally over graded.

The picture that the seller used on E-Bay was doctored to make the coin look better.

I only paid $ 245 for it so even though it was over graded I kept it rather then sending it back. I brought it into a local highly respected dealer who told me it is probably an Au 55 maybe Au 58 . I thought it would grade Au-58 or maybe MS60 if someone at a TPG was really generous :-} . I am going to submit it to ANACS and will post the grade when I get it back. Like most photos it does look better in hand.