• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opening US Mint holders

9 posts in this topic

I have collected alot of American Eagles in the government holders as bullion and now I am interested in having some of them graded. I do not know how to get them out of the holder for submission as I believe is required by the grading companies. Any suggestions appreciated.

As I believe it, it is not required to take them from the Mint holders. I don't think that they will be returned but I think they can be submitted like they are.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

As I believe it, it is not required to take them from the Mint holders. I don't think that they will be returned but I think they can be submitted like they are.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

You are correct. They will not return the holders, boxes or Coas but they will not charge ot take them out of the holders. They only charge for taking out staples etc. I just put the coin in its plastic holder in a 2 1/2 Mylar double flip with a label with the line number in the other pocket and put a rubber band on it to close it and send it in.

Also, if you use NGC's online submission form, you will get a 10% discount.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I like this neighborhood. I've learned plenty reading these boards on collecting and enjoying these coins and medals( and I have much to learn). I also learned what great group of people are here. I look forward to more interaction. My typing and computer skills are a pretty high handicap right now,but, I'll plug along.

Larry