• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pay It Forward 2 (June 13 2008)

50 posts in this topic

LINK to Pay it Forward 1:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2426739&page=1#Post2426739

Here we are, a collection of many active forum members brought together by a common bond: we are coin enthusiasts. A few of you have been collecting for longer than many of us have been alive. A few of us are brand new to the world of coins. The rest of us fall somewhere in between.

I have found that collecting coins creates a by-product: stuff. I have amassed a collection of coins...and accessories. Some of this stuff I still need or want to keep. Some of it I do not. My bet is that many members have a lot of coins and accessories that are just collecting dust...getting in the way...or just plain ol' going to waste.

So, why not turn our junk into someone else’s treasure? Why not "pay it forward"? I have seen another forum is having great success with this...so why not try it here?

Here's the idea: I will put some of my "stuff" up for grabs that I don’t want anymore. If someone wants it, they simply ask for it. I will send my item to that person...on my dime. The person who gets my stuff will, in turn, put something up for grabs on this thread for someone else to grab. It can be anything. Sure, you may shell out a few bucks to ship something. But it will wash out in the end when you ask for something you see put up for grabs and it gets sent to you. Its part of the spirit of this "pay it forward" idea. Sure this is solely on the honor system. You have to live with yourself if you don’t give back after you take something. ...but in the end, it is you who has to live in your own skin. If you take something...you must give something! I also suggest this don’t turn into a swap meet.

So, to put my money where my mouth is, I will start this by putting up for grabs the following:

2006 1C MS68RD PCGS

2004-D 25C Florida MS66 PCGS

So, if you want, just say so....it'll be yours. But to pay it forward, you have to put something that you no longer need up for grabs and when someone asks for it, you have to ship it to him or her on your dime!

Id like to add: that all Pay It Forwards (PIF) should be by public announcement for asking and giving. I know there is no way to controll this and I would hate to see more takers than givers. That would defeate the reasons behind this idea.

Adding more:

Maybe from now on all askers should make a public post. Just to keep this fair and avoid anyone getting upset?

Thanks to BOB!!

Here is the updated list of stuff still being offered, if I am not too confused:

Jeff S - 2004-D 25C Florida MS66 PCGS

physics-fan3.14 - 2 Italian 10 centisimi - 1866N and 1894 B/I, both pleasing dark original copper

1941 Great Britain shilling, AU, Scottish reverse

tonidanzawillpay - 2 OBW 2007p 50c pennies rolls

1964p, 1964d roosie dimes

jgrinz - 1981 Susan B Anthony $1 NGC MS63

and

2007-p Geo Washington $1 NGC MS64

harvey8542 - 2006 D ICG MS=66 FS Nickel

dooly - 1961 1C MS 64 RD NGC 1989438-012

1958 D 1C MS 64 RD NGC 1953502-002

MTHead - A 1st Edition NGC Grading Guide For Modern U.S. Coins by Montgomery & Lange - copyright 2004 - spiral bound

And all of those Harris folders

SchatzyJr - 1967 PCGS PR67 Jefferson

Muleman - RED BOOKS for the following years. (various conditions)

HC=Hard Cover SC= Soft cover

1998HC

2003HC

2004SC

2005SC

Just Bob - 1960 D Roosevelt dime in NGC sample slab

If any of these are spoken for, please correct me. Or just add a new post.

I surely don't want to come off greedy or anything as I have gotten a proof set coming from Muleman which is very much appreciated. I would love to have this Jeff from Shatz if it's not called for already or if anyone else that is in the thread is not wanting it.

And all of those Harris folders

Five (5) different H.E.Harris & Co. coin folders - never used:

Lincoln Cents #2676 - 90 undated openings

Jefferson Nickels #2682 - 66 undated openings

Roosevelt Dimes #2686 - 75 undated openings

Washington Quarters #2692 - 48 undated openings

Morgan Dollars #2665 - 27 undated openings

These things are real "thumb-busters"! If you have a YN with the strength of Hercules these are for you!

Ask for 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 if you like.

:) - thank God for copy and paste.

I surely don't want to come off greedy or anything as I have gotten a proof set coming from Muleman which is very much appreciated. I would love to have this Jeff from Shatz if it's not called for already or if anyone else that is in the thread is not wanting it.

The Coin is yours please PM me!!

Any one collecting Susan B Anthony Business strikes that are looking for a NICE example I have quite a few dates and mint marks ... Let me know what you need.

These are raw coins ...

Got this Rustic 1924 Buffalo

60211-1.jpg.c6da6ed5c3d8f100e7a050785f74ec94.jpg

Any one collecting Susan B Anthony Business strikes that are looking for a NICE example I have quite a few dates and mint marks ... Let me know what you need.

These are raw coins ...

My sister would absolutely flip for a couple of those SBA's. Her 11th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to help her along on one of those Ike/SBA blue Whitman thumb-busters. I think she's got the 99's, and most of the 79's, but if you could send a couple of the 80's, you could make a YN's day. :)

My sister would absolutely flip for a couple of those SBA's. Her 11th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to help her along on one of those Ike/SBA blue Whitman thumb-busters. I think she's got the 99's, and most of the 79's, but if you could send a couple of the 80's, you could make a YN's day. :)

PM me your address if jgrinz doesn't have what you need for your sister. I've got 1980 D and S business strikes in mint cello she can have.

EDITED to add: tell me which 1979s she needs and I'll look for those too.

I was able to find a couple raw coins to give away. Let me know if ya want'em!!

2007s Proof Jefferson

1980s Proof Roosevelt

1981s Proof Roosevelt (ty1)

1980s Proof Lincoln

1981s Proof Lincoln (ty1)

I received an Off-center Jefferson and a PR70DCAM 1990S ICG Jefferson from MTHead, and a 1960D Roosevelt dime NGC sample slab from Just Bob today. Thanks guys!!

These are raw coins ...

80 P&D on its way

The Coin is yours please PM me!!

Well I got this Jeff from Schatz Monday. beautiful coin my friend and I surely appreciate it!! Thanks again!

Ill add another coin to what I have to PIF.

1) PCGS 1976 1$ MS64 Type 2 Taken by: harvey8542

2) 2004-D 25C Florida MS66 PCGS Taken by winthorpe

If your not sure how this works please read the post at this link: LINK to Pay it Forward 1:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2426739&page=1#Post2426739

As always with my PIFs. please make a post here first that you want it and then send me your address in an PM. ;)

Jeff, do you still want the state quarter I was going to send you ? if so send me your address by PM

Otherwise I'll give it to a friend or offer it here

I have 4 lincoln proofs to offer, they arent the best, I replaced them last week, they have minor spots/smudges

1977-S

1976-S

1983-S

1973-S

Thanks

Winthorpe

anyone know the best way to ship these? If they are in 2x2, is a regular envelope fine (with prolly 1 extra stamp)?