• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pay It Forward

Pay it Forward  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Pay it Forward

100 posts in this topic

Here we are, a collection of many active forum members brought together by a common bond: we are coin enthusiasts. A few of you have been collecting for longer than many of us have been alive. A few of us are brand new to the world of coins. The rest of us fall somewhere in between.

I have found that collecting coins creates a by-product: stuff. I have amassed a collection of coins...and accessories. Some of this stuff I still need or want to keep. Some of it I do not. My bet is that many members have a lot of coins and accessories that are just collecting dust...getting in the way...or just plain ol' going to waste.

So, why not turn our junk into someone else’s treasure? Why not "pay it forward"? I have seen another forum is having great success with this...so why not try it here?

Here's the idea: I will put some of my "stuff" up for grabs that I don’t want anymore. If someone wants it, they simply ask for it. I will send my item to that person...on my dime. The person who gets my stuff will, in turn, put something up for grabs on this thread for someone else to grab. It can be anything. Sure, you may shell out a few bucks to ship something. But it will wash out in the end when you ask for something you see put up for grabs and it gets sent to you. Its part of the spirit of this "pay it forward" idea. Sure this is solely on the honor system. You have to live with yourself if you don’t give back after you take something. ...but in the end, it is you who has to live in your own skin. If you take something...you must give something! I also suggest this don’t turn into a swap meet.

So, to put my money where my mouth is, I will start this by putting up for grabs the following:

2006 1C MS68RD PCGS

2004-D 25C Florida MS66 PCGS

So, if you want, just say so....it'll be yours. But to pay it forward, you have to put something that you no longer need up for grabs and when someone asks for it, you have to ship it to him or her on your dime!

Id like to add: that all Pay It Forwards (PIF) should be by public announcement for asking and giving. I know there is no way to controll this and I would hate to see more takers than givers. That would defeate the reasons behind this idea.

Adding more:

Maybe from now on all askers should make a public post. Just to keep this fair and avoid anyone getting upset?

May I also suggest (if it is not to much trouble)

When you make a post here to UN-Check "Add my signature to this post."

I hope the MODS like the idea and it is turned into a sticky.

I'll put up one, I know there are plenty of off center collectors out there

1949 (P) AUSTRALIA 1/2 PENNY

STRUCK 10% OFF CENTER

MINT ERROR AU50BN

2192250-003

GONE to physics-fan-3.14

Count me in altho I may be a little slow in posting something. The house continues to eat all of my time :) Great idea BBB Jeff

I'm in... NGC 1964 Kennedy, PR66Cam. (No longer available)

An unc 1976-S quarter... (you gonna claim it Boss! :) ) [On hold for Bobby, just in case]

Alrighty, as promised, here's a list of stuff that I have that I will pay forward.

French Colonial grab bag - 1 franc coins from Madagascar, Cameroon, St. Pierre & Miquelon, French Equatorial Africa, and the West African states. These are from the 40's through the 60's, aluminum, 4 of them have the popular Marianne bust obverse. 2 VF, 3 Unc. forwarded to MThead

2 Italian 10 centisimi - 1866N and 1894 B/I, both pleasing dark original copper.

1941 Great Britain shilling, AU, Scottish reverse.

I would put up more, but I'm in Houston right now and all my coins are in Lafayette, so I can't get to them.

OK!

How about a pound of pfennigs-from 40 years ago my 3 year stint in Germany. A grab bag of assorted pfennigs, 1, 2 &10.

Jim

Don't know if this counts but I have PMG Grading Coupon!! (exp. 12/31/08)

Yes Bobby. Anything youd like to pass on and PIF. I dont see a need that it be a coin per say. :grin:

2 OBW 2007p 50c pennies rolls,

1964p, 1964d roosie dimes

i would really like the 2006 penny jeff s

tonidanzawillpay

Pm me your address and Ill be glad to send it out.

I think this thread could do very well.

Here's my first contribution, a small lot of nickels:

1901 and 1899 V nickels, and 19 buffalo nickels. Some no dates, some partial dates, and a few full dates. Also, a 2005 Proof Ocean View Jefferson nickel.

First person to PM me gets it!

Shouldn't the FORWARDS be PUBLIC and not PM'd otherwise you will not know what is taken and what is LEFT not Forwarded ???? - Like the JEFF S and tonydanzawillpay did as a post ..

Shouldn't the FORWARDS be PUBLIC and not PM'd otherwise you will not know what is taken and what is LEFT not Forwarded ???? - Like the JEFF S and tonydanzawillpay did as a post ..

Yes id agree Mike....... If someone takes something they should have something to PIF ( Pay it Forward).

But to each his own.

Id also suggest in Monkeys case to maybe list smaller lots.

But this will have a learning curve. :)

Update:

PIF I have listed:

2006 1C MS68RD PCGS -Taken by tonidanzawillpay

2004-D 25C Florida MS66 PCGS

PIFs I have taken:

NGC 1964 Kennedy, PR66Cam

from COINDUDE

I would like it if still available

Just got a PM from agentjim007? I think that's right,he claimed it... I think I have more though and if I do, I'll send you one also.

from COINDUDE

Just got a PM from agentjim007? I think that's right,he claimed it... I think I have more though and if I do, I'll send you one also.

Okay then send me the DCAM then :) hahahahahaha

Let me know if you do not ...

I will PM you the address ...

from COINDUDE

Maybe from now on all askers should make a public post. Just to keep this fair and avoid anyone getting upset?

Even if Coindude does not have one for me ...

Putting up ...

1973-s Eisenhower $1 PCGS PR69DCAM - Forwarded to bsshog40

and

1981 Susan B Anthony $1 NGC MS63

and

2007-p Geo Washington $1 NGC MS64

I agree that all asks and takes should be public. Hopefully there will be time also for each person to be able to show when something has been taken also.

Even if Coindude does not have one for me ...

Putting up ...

1973-s Eisenhower $1 PCGS PR69DCAM

and

1981 Susan B Anthony $1 NGC MS63

and

2007-p Geo Washington $1 NGC MS64

I wouldn't mind having that Ike Mike. Hey I made a ryhme. lol