• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Slab Varieties

77 posts in this topic

I haven't assigned numbers to them yet because I'm working on some other things and haven't updated the last few NGC varieties, but yes the with and without prong slabs will have different numbers. (Just as the original edge view and later edge view different numbers from other slabs with the same label design. ) If the new scratch resistant coated can be visually and consistantly told apart from the non-scratch resistant one then it too will receive a new number. (I don't really anticipate that though.)

I haven't assigned numbers to them yet because I'm working on some other things and haven't updated the last few NGC varieties, but yes the with and without prong slabs will have different numbers. (Just as the original edge view and later edge view different numbers from other slabs with the same label design. ) If the new scratch resistant coated can be visually and consistantly told apart from the non-scratch resistant one then it too will receive a new number. (I don't really anticipate that though.)

I look forward to seeing your updated post!

I just got this Wisconsin PF70 state quarter. Looking at all the pics of the slabs, this one is not among them. Below the barcode NGC is not written out. It seems to be a hologram. Also there is a Yellow image on the upper left of the NGC Scale Logo. Please tell me this is real and not a fake.

Thanks,

Bob

Wis1.jpg

Wis2.jpg

This is one of the new generation holders, which Conder has not yet assigned a number to. The original post at the beginning of this thread is a couple years old, and this slab just came out a few months ago.

I just bought an MS64 1936 Long Island 50c on eBay in an old NGC holder. Thanks to this thread I now know that it's either an old NGC-2 (or 2.1) type. And yes, the top of the coin is toning.

GREAT reference thread Condor, well organized and useful.

Conder wants to teach Chris a lesson about complaining about busted links.... lol

Actually Conder I just upgraded to Photobucket Pro yesterday so if you need someone to host the pictures for you I have unlimited bandwidth now?

Conder wants to teach Chris a lesson about complaining about busted links.... lol

Yeah, it still bugs me. I was going through the "Post a medal or token" thread the other day, and more than 75% of the photos are gone.

Keep it up, Shane! I'll buy something from you and then change my mind because I didn't have as much change in the jar as I thought. doh!

Chris

I hadn't signed into my photobucket account for awhile and i put the account on inactive status. It has been reactivated and the pictures are back again

Conder, three questions:

1.) How scarce and difficult to find is NGC 10, with the website below the grade? I recently saw one of these for sale, and was wondering if I should pick it up.

2.) Do you have numbers and catalogue spots for the newer slabs?

3.) Have you done a similar thread with ANACS slabs? I'm looking at a coin in an ANACS slab, with the possible intention of crossing it to NGC, but if its a scarce slab then I won't crack it.

To all:

Thanks for all the info that you have all posted. I have been collecting TPG slabs for a few years and I find it very enjoyable. I started with sample slabs, then Rattlers, Photo Certs and now any old out of date or business slab, and dealers are glad to sell me a AGC coin or Accure grade coin just to get rid of it.

(worship)(worship) (worship)

Conder is responsibile for this purchase....

1913Obv2.jpg

1913Rev2.jpg

I have a question about the white labels, I notice some have a black square in the lower left corner, like the peace dollar in example NGC 2, but Shane's example above does not have it. So my question is, is one more common than the other?

I recently bought one that has the black square and its the first thing I notice everytime I pick it up and look at it.

thanks, Nick

I believe the black square is a printers guide mark. It probably should not actually appear on the label and is probably the result of the label paper being slightly out of position when the printer printed the borders and background on the labels. it has no real significance.

Not that he needs me to agree with him but based on what I have seen and owned I have to agree with Conder that it's simply a printer mark and it's presence or absence does not add or detract from the slab/coin value. (thumbs u