• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Trade Dollar

13 posts in this topic

Some body really screwed up a nice coin. Notice the seller does not give any description and the coin is raw. My guess is that it was low grade maybe PR62 and someone was trying cover the hairlines with AT and the experiment went bad.

It will be interesting to see the final price.

I've looked at this sellers auctions before and they seem to specialize in problem coins. They have so many that are obviously cleaned and/or re-toned that I would not be comfortable buying anything from them.

I went through his present listings and many of his current coins for sale look AT, polished or cleaned. It always astounds me that dealers such as this one can sell almost 1800 mostly cleaned or manipulated coins and only have one negative feedback (98.7% positive) a year. I guess you can fool most of the people most of the time.