• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TACO BELL NAPKIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... NEW PICS ADDDED...

21 posts in this topic

As some of the newer people have been wondering about how all this Taco Bell Napkin business got started and why it is sooo popular. As the originator of this I feel it need to spread some light as to how happened and the results. Thus why people like it sooo much and now recommend it for coins that need help. First lets start with the coin as I first got it back in Dec of 2005, Which I took the first photos of it on Jan 7th 2006

1859o.jpg

Then It was left on my desk for 2 months on the napkin I used to photo the coin. It started to get color. Then I took the napkin and wrapped it up with the coin inside. Put it in a Kraft Envelop and inside the cabinet it went.(Bathroom) There is a cup of water in the cabinet as well. Took a series of photos over about 6 months time. Which brings us to here..

Here is a series of pictures.

1st is on 1/7/06

2ndis on 3/28/06

3rd is on 5/10/06

4th is on 6/10/06

5th is on 7/31/06

6th is on 8/29/06

1859o.jpg

1859ot.jpg

1859o1.jpg

1859otp.jpg

18595.jpg

18596.jpg

So I said I was stopping the expierment and put the coin in a 2x2 flip. About 2 months later I decided with new lights I wanted to photo the coin again. I took the coin out of the 2x2 and took more photos. I did not much care for the photos, but anyhow I put it then in a flip in case I got the urge to photo it again. Few months passed and the TNA Show came up. Showed the coin to a few people who liked it. Brandon Kelley of ARC said he thought the flip was not the best storage for it. So got home and took it out of the flip. layed the coin top of it. Sometimes thing on my desk get a bit cluttered soo somehow I managed to lose track of the coin again. Texas Heat in the summer, and no AC heated things up again when I was cleaning my desk off. Low and behold all the coins on my desk were fine, but this one had changed more. Here is how it looks currenly, since the next day I got an airtite for it...

tbnh.jpg

tbnho.jpg

tbnhr.jpg

This is how Taco Ball Napkin toning got started and how it grew on people. Many have tried it with diff results. Some have been posted while others have not been. This is the coin that started it all. Now Fire away with questions, comments, etc.

First off, I think this is incredible.

Secondly, I got myself some taco bell napkins, and a bunch of chalupas as well, a dose of maalox, and I was fine. burp.

oh...excuse me...

I've got this AT bustie that i'd like to dip and do the taco bell napkin thing on

when i do, i'll post it.

meanwhile, can you link us to any other taco bell napkin results that have been posted???

thanks

Then It was left on my desk for 2 months on the napkin I used to photo the coin. It started to get color. Then I took the napkin and wrapped it up with the coin inside. Put it in a Kraft Envelop and inside the cabinet it went.(Bathroom) There is a cup of water in the cabinet as well. Took a series of photos over about 6 months time.

Is this the same process that you used to make the hamburger ?!

Here's one that I posted a couple of years ago. I think this was before I knew that I was supposed to use a Taco Bell napkin instead if tissue.

Reeded Edge Half in tissue paper

I can't see the original pictures since Photobucket is blocked for me at work, so if they aren't showing up I will try to put them back tonight. I think I need to take new pictures too because the coin has continued to tone a bit more after I removed it from the tissue.

Here is a 1921 Morgan that was dipped and then wrapped in Toilet paper. It took about 4 or 6 months for this to happen.

JJ

1921tone1.jpg

1921tone2.jpg

Here is one with simmilar toning (not by me) slabbed by NGC.

NGCtone.jpg

I think we're uncovering the secret of the giants in the doctoring industry. Toilet paper.

It makes me want to wrap all my coins in toilet paper. I'd like to see if NGC or PCGS will holder that coin, as I suspect they will. It's quite pretty. I like it.

I think we're uncovering the secret of the giants in the doctoring industry. Toilet paper.

It makes me want to wrap all my coins in toilet paper. I'd like to see if NGC or PCGS will holder that coin, as I suspect they will. It's quite pretty. I like it.

Since it takes a few months for this to happen with TP, my guess is, they are using chemicals that do the same thing in minutes.

JJ

Then It was left on my desk for 2 months on the napkin I used to photo the coin. It started to get color. Then I took the napkin and wrapped it up with the coin inside. Put it in a Kraft Envelop and inside the cabinet it went.(Bathroom) There is a cup of water in the cabinet as well. Took a series of photos over about 6 months time.

Is this the same process that you used to make the hamburger ?!

Not quite .... lol

We need more details about the TP. Brand, plain or with fragrance and if so what fragrance?, white or pastel? If pastel what specific color? Where was the wrappd coin stored? Temperature and humidity levels? Any known or suspected atmospheric contaminants? It said the coin was dippd before it was wrapped. What dip, and how was the coin rinsed after dipping. distilled water, tap water, or alcohol? If tap water, well or municipal? We need to know what trace chemicals are in the tap water. Any of these can make a difference.

Has anyone tried other brands of cheap fast food napkins? I find it hard to believe there is anything special with Taco Bell napkins, Possibly they are made with recycled paper giving it a higher sulfur content.

This will probably become reason #71 for an NGC bodybagging. Coin comes back in a flip saying TACO BELL NAPKIN TONING.

62atfranklin.jpg

Approximately 2 years in a pink envelope that was originally sitting on my polished desktop, then put in the drawer wrapped in the envelope stored in a Teletrade box.