• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Collectors Response to a Vendor ... NGC ... Take Note!

3 posts in this topic

... A vendors offer on his findings in my usual area of interest and my Responce ...

Thanks for the update BUT ... I think I am going to unload ALL the coins and sets that do not meet my NEW collecting criteria.

The new Criteria is ONLY my Morgans and My 1883 Proof Set - I have spent WAY too much money on items that "REGISTRY" sets require ACORRDING to NGC and am subsequently pissed off on some of thier decisions. I was very PROUD of my Business set of SACAGAWEAS but now in order to have a comnplete set I need to have these NON business strikes SMS's incorporated into it ... I had started to comply but decided NO!

You may have gotten an email about my 'unloadings' sales of these items - I am sorry If you are not interested but I have to do what I must.

I do appreciate your help in what I have collected so far and is appreciated.

With Regards and Respect

Mike

... A vendors offer on his findings in my usual area of interest and my Responce ...

Thanks for the update BUT ... I think I am going to unload ALL the coins and sets that do not meet my NEW collecting criteria.

The new Criteria is ONLY my Morgans and My 1883 Proof Set - I have spent WAY too much money on items that "REGISTRY" sets require ACORRDING to NGC and am subsequently pissed off on some of thier decisions. I was very PROUD of my Business set of SACAGAWEAS but now in order to have a comnplete set I need to have these NON business strikes SMS's incorporated into it ... I had started to comply but decided NO!

You may have gotten an email about my 'unloadings' sales of these items - I am sorry If you are not interested but I have to do what I must.

I do appreciate your help in what I have collected so far and is appreciated.

With Regards and Respect

Mike

I'm a bit perplexed. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

"in order to have a comnplete set I need to have these NON business strikes SMS's incorporated into it ... I ... decided NO!"

I also decided to remove my Registry set for the same reason.

My set consists of business strike coins only and does not meet the current Registry criteria which includes SMS coins.

Is this a good thing? All sets ranked below me moved up a notch.

Is this a bad thing? No, I don't need a Registry to pursue my collecting interests.

Just my 2 cents.

"I have a satin finish SMS MS69 coin which is in a NGC MS69 holder." doh!