• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Discounts for Grading?

15 posts in this topic

If you are a collector's society member, and you fill out your order online, NGC will offer a 10% discount. Other than that, I'm not aware of any discounts from NGC and PCGS. Oh, if you become a member of the ANA you get a coupon for NGC. Wish I hadn't thrown mine away last year... Oh well, live and learn.

I have never submitted coins directly to NGC, but have had dealers do so for me.

As the vast majority of my collection is still in raw sets, I have wanted the security of certified grades when the time comes to liquidate my holdings. Last year I inquired about discounts for large submissions, and someone from NGC said that they do not offer any; I was advised to submit my better coins and not to bother submitting lesser valued coins; this makes sense, but the lion's share of my holding are no less than AU55 and my concentration is 19th century US coins.

If NGC is giving 10% discounts to its membership (unlike PCGS) I will look forward to becoming a formal member !

I have never submitted coins directly to NGC, but have had dealers do so for me.

As the vast majority of my collection is still in raw sets, I have wanted the security of certified grades when the time comes to liquidate my holdings. Last year I inquired about discounts for large submissions, and someone from NGC said that they do not offer any; I was advised to submit my better coins and not to bother submitting lesser valued coins; this makes sense, but the lion's share of my holding are no less than AU55 and my concentration is 19th century US coins.

If NGC is giving 10% discounts to its membership (unlike PCGS) I will look forward to becoming a formal member !

Yes, NGC is giving a 10% discount to members if you submit using the online submission form. That means you can submit using the Economy tier for only $13.50 per coin.

NGC does have a discount for large submissions (known as bulk submissions), but I believe there is a minimum of 100 or 200 coins to take advantage of this and they have to be the same type. They might also restrict it to a maximum of X different dates, but I'm not sure. This service runs $6.50 and higher per coin.

Thanks for the information. Bulk submissions was what I was interested in. My Indian Head Cent collection, Buffalo Nickels and Walkers are the ones that need to be holdered first. Later my Barber sets.

I'll get in touch with NGC hierarchy and get things going.

I believe Greg is correct in that the bulk submissions are designed for rolls of coins of a single date. So, a collection of IHCs, while very cool, wouldn't fall under that plan.

Oh ! I see said the blind man.

I told you I was new to submissions. So a roll of the same date and denomination are acceptable, but not a complete series of the same type of coin. Gotcha. foreheadslap.gif

On 9/20/2003 at 9:27 PM, mlovest said:

Do either NCG or PCGS offer discounts? Whats the best way and the cheapest way to submit coins for grading?

Thanks!

Mike

I say go with the #3 worldwide in grading coins- ANACS. They're excellent, tho I haven't had a single coin graded as of yet with any company I'm still well versed in how it works. & ANACS is rite there with NGC.

+++ They got specials quite a bit, like rite now til end of April, the 30th is a 10 for $10 each on Silver Dollars & Small Cents up to 50 I think. + after the 10 coins if u have an Morgans in the GSA packs u can get em graded at just $5 each!!!

PCGS & NGC don't seem to ever really do any specials no deals nada but charge the #1 & #2 top premium grading fees in the game, appropriately I guess being they r #1 &2.

Still it's it costs alot more. I would prefer all my coins graded tho & yessir graded by PCGS 1st or NGC only bcuz of the hi premiums they carry ailey for being in their slabs.

Otherwise ANACS top good best choice I feel.