• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20th Anniversary Reverse Proof S$1 and G$50 - To add or not to add

To add or not to add  

81 members have voted

1. 1. To add or not to add

13 posts in this topic

Up to this time, we have only allowed the Reverse Proof S$1 and G$50 to be registered to the 20th Anniversary Eagles Set. It has been requested to add slots for these coins to the American Eagles Proof Set. We would like to take a poll to get some feedback regarding this request.

If we do make this provision, it would then make sense that these should also be added to the Silver and Gold Eagle Proof Sets.

Not only are they all a part of the American Eagle set but there are people who purchased the 20th Anniversary set directly from the U.S.Mint and because they opened it are left with only the Reverse Proof that qualifies for the Black Label and what do you do with just one coin?

It is part of the set.

If you don't add it you will have to take coins out of other set like the 1994 & 1997 Jefferson Specimens and the 1998 Kennedy Specimen. These where special coins and they are still in the sets and I think the reverse belongs in the set also.

Thanks SchatzyJr

Nobody is asking to take the Coins out of the Set.If I have a Proof Set of American Eagles and my 2006 W Proof Slot is 2006 W PF 69 and I then have a 20th Anniversary set and my 2006 W is a Black Label 2006W PF 70 then my 2006W PF69 in my Proof set will be automaticaly deleted and replaced with the PF70 from the Anniversary set.I will still have the Anniversary set.

There are peopel who did not qualify for all three coins in the Anniversary set because it was not sent in to NGC as sealed so now they have only the Reverse Proof . It is a Proof Coin. Why does it not have the same treatment as the 2006 W proof mentioned above that is also a Proof in a Set?

We will be adding the 20th Anniversary Reverse Proof S$1 and G$50 to the appropriate Eagle sets after the NGC Registry Awards deadline.

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate it also and happy they finally looked into it. Not only should it be a part of the set but it also has another situation. The Reverse Proof is the only coin that could be sent to NGC for the Balck Label if the set had been opened.

I ended up with a PF70 on the Reverse proof and it was the only American eagle in the Anniversary registry..

I later bid on a PF70 2006W and got it at a fairly decent Price but the MS-70 with the black label was more than I wanted to pay.

I sent my other two coins out of the Anniversary set to NGC for grading and came up with a 2006W PF69 and a 2006W MS69

Now included in Proof Eagle sets

As requested by our customers, a slot has been added to the following sets for the 2006-P S$1 Eagle Reverse Proof:

Silver Eagles 1986 - date, Proofs

American Eagles 1986 - date, Proofs

American Eagles 1986 - date, Complete

A slot has also been added to the following sets for the 2006-W G$50 Eagle Reverse Proof:

1 Oz. Gold Eagles 1986 - date, Proofs

Gold Eagles 1986 - date, Proofs

American Eagles 1986 - date, Proofs

American Eagles 1986 - date, Complete