• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why would i ever join a registry 'club'

40 posts in this topic

I did have one instance in which I registered the coin and was told that the other person had to be notified etc. When I did check again after I was notified by E Mail the Image had also been transferred .

In my case I replaced the images when I got a chance and replaced the description. What did you do about the picture transfer?

I must admit that I am guilty of messing up when it comes to deleting coins and even adding coins...

In the past I have wiped out a set I was not gonna finish or just wanted to sell to raise money for an expensive buy. This does not remove the coins I have found out. the coins must be removed individually one by one....if i get an email that someone wants to enter it I always respond quickly and try and "double erase" it from my total coin registry.

There is no intent to be deceptive...I just simply did not effectively remove it from all archives...I have no interest in #1 rankings, or even total point rankings....I just like filling the holes.

Mainly I love the registry for journaling and working on my Signature Set...also my Walkers but I'll never even crack the top 20 in the Walker sets..

So I hope I haven't caused anyone concern..I'm just not really adept at finding all of the places a coin is stored into my collection and removing it--but I never hesitate to comply when someone asks..if you look at my sets obviously I'm not trying to falsely gain points..

i keep all mine in regestry for insurance purposes. i have all my graded coins listed and i just had to show the adjuster that i had them here.

FYI

To delete an indivdual coins or series of coins, you have the option to do so through the 'Coin Manager' found under the 'My Registry' link on your Control Panel.

There is an option when deleting an entire set that prompts you to 'Keep Coins' registered to that set or 'Remove Coins'. Use this with caution as if you choose to remove coins it will delete all coins in that set.

You're right, Joiseygirl. The Coin Manager is the solution I needed to remove those coins I sold. Thanks for the pointer.

For those of you wanting to upload images of your coins, here's a secret: it says 120kb is the size limit but you can actually upload anything 184kb or smaller.

You may also delete coins by selecting your 'Coin List' from your Control Panel. This is a list of your inventory. The 'Delete' option is at the bottom of each page.

good tip...I've gone through my "coin list" and found about a half dozen coins that I'm sure I remember selling ...now they are removed for good...thanks

I began using "Coin List" to delete coins because in the past, I have missed deletion of a couple coin listings that were sold but weren't currentl registered in sets. Suddenly a few weeks later, I received an email from NGC reminding me that I had neglected to delete these registered coins. This has happened to me twice and is embarassing. I don't think, that with scarcer coins in higher grades, you can get away with purloining too many slab numbers because many will be in registry sets.

I use Adobe Photoshop to edit coin images. You can resize them proportionally down to approximately 325 pixels and they will load into the registry. I also use dealer auction photos for some coins because they are better images than my scanner. However, they often need editing to sharpen the image or, in the case of Heritage photos, alter the color balance.